Classic, Timeless Sunglasses

1. I was wondering what people usually consider to be "the" sunglasses that have withstood the test of time...

Name a pair of sunglasses that's both iconic and immediately recognizable that will forever remain classic? Any brand will do... and also if you could specify what "look"(classy, retro, etc.) a certain pair calls to mind, that would be great.

Thanks!

2. I think aviators will always be classic. I hesitate to say it brings a retro look to mind (I know I'm a youngster!) but they're instantly recognizable and bring to mind that effortless, 70s style.

3. Aviators will probably always be in. If I think classic, I think of Chanel sunglasses.

4. ahhh....timeless sunglasses. that almost sounds like a paradox. ITA that aviators are a classic style, but even the shape of aviators change over time. i personally go through sunglasses like there's no tomorrow, so i wish there was something that always looked good to me. i do know this though, i always like jackie o sunglasses!

5. I'm thinking the Jackie O shape. Understated glamour/elegance. No matter what decade, you put those on and you're transported back to a time when ladies actually were just that, pearl strands, and breakfast was at a place called Tiffanys.

6. classic?? I think Chanel, I just bought these bad boys today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I:heart: them on you!

8. thanks!!

9. not sure about shapes, but chanel as a brand in my opinion.

10. I LOVE this description!!

11. Besides Chanel, I would say the 'wayfarer' from Ray-ban is also a classic!
    This style looks great on almost everyone.
    [​IMG]

It's best known for being worn by Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
    Recently, chloe sevigny (and other hipsters) had been spotted wearing it.
    [​IMG]

12. I think sheanabelle's sunglasses are exactly what I think of when you say "classic and timeless". And being Chanel, nothing can beat them!

13. Oversized and aviators.
    I love the ones from dVb - perfect fit and styles.

14. ^^ in 2 words "oliver peoples" :tup:

15. I agree about the wayfarers, aviators
    I'd check out brands that deal exclusively with glasses, like persol, oliver peoples etc.
    Nothing flashy with a monogram would last you.
    Only understated chic.