Classic city 2011 - keep or sell?

Jun 27, 2009
Hi all! I just read the post about the city coming back for 2024 and looked at the website and they have a very cute version out. I have a 2011 classic black city with giant hardware that I was holding for the day it would come back in style, but realizing now that, while it might be ‘back in style’, the new version is a little modified. At this point, not sure if I should keep it. This bag does have sentimental value for me as it was my first real designer bag, but that’s about it as I haven’t touched it in probably seven years. What do you guys think? Should I sell it now? Hold onto it and wait for the value to go up a bit more, then sell? Or just keep it indefinitely. I have two daughters who are still little, but might enjoy using one of Mom‘s bags. I just don’t know if it’ll last another 15 years sitting in the closet. IMG_8834.png

For what it’s worth, the photo you posted is not the version that is coming back, but has been out for a while. What’s coming back is a lot like the old style that’s similar to what you have.

Having said that, if it doesn’t suit your style, makes sense to let it go.
ooh! I didn’t know! Super helpful. Maybe I should just hold onto it for a little longer…. Appreciate it

You can search resale sites for what they're getting (or asking) for a bag just like yours. There are plenty out there. And decide if you'd like to have some money back from your initial purchase, hence selling. This is in the regular, available preowned category, vs. something especially in demand. Whatever Bal has out now or will have soon doesn't have a big impact on your likely sales result.

Reactions: buyersremorse