classic balenciaga

1. Ive never purchased a balenciaga bag before but i am interested in buying a classic one that i'll be able to use for a long time. Do you ladies have any advice on a bag name, size, and color? any help appreciated!!

Oh, and also--where can you buy balenciaga bags? Neiman Marcus? Saks?

2. Buy any Balenciaga in black, and it'll be a classic- buy what appeals to you. Check diabro.net online to see styles of some popular Bal bags. hth

3. The ladies here have given me some great advice on colour in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/what-colour-should-i-get-my-first-city-166786.html

If you can, try and see some Balenciagas IRL. That's what I'm going to try to do to make up my mind.

As for size, it's best to work out how much stuff you want to carry around with you. I measured the bag I use most and compared that with the measurements on the diabro.net site. That way, I came up with the City bag. It's a beautiful, classic bag, I think, too. The Part-Time (which I also considered) is bigger and the First is smaller.

I've noticed that many ladies here seem to use Neiman Marcus, but your can actually contact Balenciaga on their official site for stockists near you. There's also a great section in the form on where to buy your bag -on-line and off-line.

Good luck! Hope we both find the bag we've been dreaming of!