Christian Louboutin

CL newbie ( black pumps)

Zahzah Posted By Zahzah Posted Jun 10, 2012

1. Hey everyone
    I'm relatively new to this sub forum and completly new to CL shoes. I'm looking to treat myself to a pair of simple black pumps which I'd be able to wear both to dinner and at work.
    I have a few important presentations coming up which is why I thought I'd order a pair lowish heel black pumps.

Iv had my eye on these. I relatively wide feet at the front but narrow around the back. I was thinking are these relatively comfortable ( atleast after the break in phase)

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/christian-louboutin-simple-pump-item-10209940.aspx

Or any other styles do you recommend.

Thank you so much!

2. yeah, they're okay. I dont' think they're *the* most comfy CLs, but the low heel height definitely helps. If you have wide feet, you may find the toebox a little tight...

They're very appropriate for doing your big presentations at work :yes:

So overall, yes, I think it's a good starter pair and the price is great! :biggrin:

3. Im tallish (5'9) so i am not used to wearing heels. So im trying to find a lowish heel but not completely flat.

4. i find the simple pump to be quite "comfy" (comfort with CLs is relative... LOL)
    these look like a 45 mm heel.. which i find quite short. if you're not used to heels though, this would work for you, especially if you have wider feet and a narrow heel. you could go up to an 85 too - it's not quite 4 inches. if you want, you could also try a lower heeled pigalle (pointy toe) in a kid leather, which stretches more than patent. HTH!

5. Hi thanks for the advice :smile:
    I was looking on the CL uk website I was actually going to buy the 85mm ones cause i cant find any lower.

6. I was trying to look for the 70mm simple pumps. I can't find it anywhere! :sad:

7. I find my Simples and New Simples some of my most comfortable CL's with a closed toe, for a peep toe I love, love, love my VP's - walked 2.5 miles in them the other day at work! With a wider toe area and narrow heel the Simples would probably be the best for what you want. I too am 5'9" and was apprehensive about a high heel!

8. Thanks for the info :smile:

Which heel height did you get?

9. I have an extensive CL collection (although not nearly a large as others here), the two simples I have are 100's. The lowest I have are 100's and the tallest are 140's...which makes me 6'2 to 6'3...LOL DH is only 5'8 so I just go for it!!!:p

You can see my collection here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin/beaglys-basic-collection-706157.html

10. Amazing collection!
    Love them all :smile:

11. Thank you, but as for your search, I just thought that maybe the Prorata might be another good choice. From what I have heard they are comfortable and with the 'sculpted' heel they have a little more "sexy" factor than a straight heel.

12. Ooo just had a look at them! They do have that extra sexy factor. Can you only get them in a smaller heel. I can only find 90mm

13. They only come in the 90 but with the platform they feel lower, about a 75 or 80, thus a very comfortable easy to wear CL.

14. Saks had the the Simple 70 last weeks.. Well I should say Saks NY.. Good luck finding them :smile:

15. I have the Prorata. Got them for Mothers Day :smile: I'm not a person that's comfortable with wearing heels either but I can attest that the Prorata 90's are very comfortable heel height to wear. I can easily wear them all day without my feet feeling tired or hurting. The platform front helps a great deal!!