City vs. Work?

The city bag is so versatile! Hands down the most practical bag if I am judging based on frequency. It comes to work with me, to dinner afterwards and on the weekends- its the all occasion bag! I hihgly recommend it !

i wantted to get a black city with AR, but when i placed my order last week, they told me its sold out..and they have to put me on the waitlist...but then i wantted my first/ever balenciaga bag so badly...i decided to order a RH black work form them..and i am getting it tomorrow night....i dont know if the work its gonna be too big on me..i am 5'4, slim. its my first bal bag ever..i want it to be a classic choice, and i want to use the bag everyday. should i return the bag and get city instead? or even...with a GH hardware?:shrugs:

Here's a thread discussing the pros & cons of the 2 styles.

Personally I would prefer a City but I would not mind a Work. Lots of PF'ers are fans of the Work. Since you have not received it, you would not know what to expect. When you get it in your hands, I think you would be able to decide better. You might just love it!!!

I'm just slightly taller than you at 5'5 1/2" and as much as I love the city, I would definitely choose the work as an every day bag!! I think you made a great choice, but ultimately you should go with whatever will work best for you.

i am 5'8"/slim and the work looked HUGE on me lol. the ones i tried one were filled with tissue paper, though, and the leather hadnt softened, so it was really stiff - and when bbags havent slouched up they always look bigger. if the one you recieve is this way, dont freak out! b/c the sides will slouch up really, really quickly and the bag wont be as overwhelming on your figure :yes:

I personally think that for an EVERYDAY bag, you should go with the city. I plan on getting a work for carrying around books and things for school, but other than that it will probably be a travel bag. But my city I ADORE and AR just got a TON of RH black cities in, so send them an email!! HTH!

i'm 5'4 and about 105-110 lbs... i currently own a city and it is great as an everyday bag. Light weight and right size for all the essentials - lv koala purse, small organizer, cell phone, ipod, a bottle of water and a scarf/shawl.

I have tried the work and it isn't too big for our height. It'll be perfect if u tend to carry more than those essentials i mention above. I am currently waiting for an EB Work so that i can carry my gym shoes for days that i am hitting the gym.

do also note that GHs are slightly heavier!

I would go all for the way for 'Work'. I have 5 cities before I have a Work and eversince then, I'm crazy over Work. Personally, I love big bags now but it's really every individual preferance. Follow your heart as I always tell myself.

I love how the broken in Works look. Not so crazy about them when they are new and stiff. Also, if you want to carry it on your shoulder, make sure the handles will be comfortable. That would make a difference for me, as I have to be able to have my hands free when I need them. (shopaholic) :jammin: