Christian Louboutin Sizing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of the shoe...(Pic from ebay ...not mine)
1193726700_0.jpg

How do they size? TTS? They are at a great price & I want to get my hands on them.

Hi, does anyone know if there's a difference between the CL Prive and Very Prive?
Also, are these shoes sold out? they seem like they would be classics.
thanks!

I will list shoes I have tried on and didn't buy and shoes I actually have. I am a US 7-7.5. My feet actually measure appropriately for a 6.5 but due to width I size up. My average size in CLs is 37. I prefer the 37 in most shoes because when I go with 37.5 there is room in the heel and I hate the way it looks. I may be causing myself pain that way, but since the shoes stretch in width I stick with the 37. I go with 37.5 when they are slings because I get a little bit more room in the toes and have the protection of the sling to keep my heel from falling out.

Activa-37.5 *Too painful for my toes.
Ballerina- 37.5
Bezehelmut- 36.5
Bruges- 37
Decollette 868 (patent leather)- 37 *This size was the one on display and felt comfy. I suspect it was broken in by people trying them on. I tried a 37.5 and my heel kept falling out. I also tried a 37 in tiger print patent leather but it felt extremely narrow. Goes to show that there is great variability in fit for the same shoe and same material.
Decolzep w/wooden platform and kid leather- 37.5
Mad- 37.5 The ankle strap helps, but this height pushes my foot forward and there is a lot of room in the heel.
Miminette- 37.5
Mrs. Boxe- 37
Numero Prive - 37.5
Rolande- 37.5
Sevillana- 37
Simple Pump- 37
Super T- 37
Very Prive- 37
Yoyo- 37
Yoyo Zeppa- 37.5 *My first pair and didn't know about sizing and how they stretch. I could have gone with a 37. I use these with a heel insert since there is room in the back.

Here's my collection:

Brown Suede Bruges boot: 39 (first purchase--a little roomy)
Black Suede VP: 39 (little snug--39.5 would have been perfect)
Mlle Marchand: 39
Cataribbon wedge: 39
Turtle Patent Decollete: 40 (perfect fit)

What I've learned through some deceptive shoe purchases (the open back wedge and the sling back and the stretchy suede) is that I'm much closer to a CL 39.5 ... HTH.

I really want the bourge black leather boot--should I do a 40?

When I was new to CL I was unsuccessful at ordering shoes without trying them on. I ended up having to return the Gwenissima and Miss Marple when I got them in 37.5. I should have sized down either a half or full size for them.

Sevillana & Castillana - for some, you could even go a 1/2 size down from your VP size. Though, the toe box is the same as VPs, because they're a D'Orsay, the heel seems to be cut wide (major heel slippage)

sorry if this is in the wrong place, but i am a european 38, what size pigalle patent should i get, 38 or 38.5?

thanks

CLs are italian sizing. Not sure if that is the same with Euro sizing but assuming it is just for the purpose of what I am noting below.

Pigalles 120 mm heel tend to run TTS if you have wider feet so get a 38 and 1/2 size down if you are on the narrow side to a 37.5

Pigalles 100 mm heel will run TTS and for wider feet half size up, although the shoe is quite forgiving.

I just got a Pigalle with a 100mm heel and have had to size down. I am normally a 37 in CLs and I got this in a 36.5. My feet tend to be wider. I think it's the generous cut that makes going to a smaller size work for me.

I want to the get the leopard print calf hair rolando pump. I take a 9 in most shoes could I do an 8.5 in these or will they be very uncomfortable. I saw some people say the suede version stretched out would this one? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.