Christian Louboutin for....????

^^I agree, I think that the first time I saw a red sole was on Cesare Paciotti shoes, although I don't think that he still continues to do it. But of course, Louboutin does it on every single shoe, every single season.

I think the shoes are beautiful, and I am pretty sure that I am going to get the green patent ones although I really don't agree with the red soles. The green patent shoes are in a Harpers Bazaar spread this month and they look luscious.

Not sure if it's OT but what do we think about colored soles in general? Betsey Johnson has been using hot pink soles for a while now. And I recently saw a pair of shoes with a purple sole (can't recall the desinger), it seems to be a popular thing nowadays.

I think it's okay for different designers to do so. It looks cute and I'm sure most people prefer a nice sole for their shoes. Just because CL thought of painting the sole doesn't mean nobody else for the rest of history is allowed to decorate the soles of their shoes. I just think the big fashion companies should not be doing the red soles, because it's a very obvious copy of CLs.

Not sure if it's OT but what do we think about colored soles in general? Betsey Johnson has been using hot pink soles for a while now. And I recently saw a pair of shoes with a purple sole(can't recall the desinger), it seems to be a popular thing nowadays.

Exactly. Sergio Rossi, Mui Mui, and other designers have been doing red soles along with other colored soles. As long as it doesn't say Louboutin on the bottom of the shoes, it is not ripping off a trademark. I'm sorry, it's just silly imo.

ahem...clears throat...gets on soap box..:angel:

I will preface what I am going to say by this...I love Louboutin shoes, have loved them for many years before they became popular, and way before Sex and the City featured a pair in their show "hello lover".

To me, the Versace shoes, are dare I say and then duck for cover:Push:, NICER than what the majority of what Mr L has been coming out with and maybe that is what he might have a problem with? The Versace shoes show some imagination instead of repeating the same shoe over and over and over again except with a different leather/suede/silk on a platform??? Maybe this will get Mr L on his toes and be more creative in his designs from now on. Take away the red soles and look at the shoes and see how uncreative CL really are. Take away the red soles, they don't look like CL that much do they?.

Versace is not copying the shoes like other designers blatantly do like say "Oh Deer" or say "Steve Madden" which copy the whole shoe. There I can understand why Mr L would be upset. But to get angry at every shoe with a red sole. I think he would have to show me the patent he has for the color red first off and also have to prove he was the absolute first person to ever do that.

I guess it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some is because I don't like visible logos on anything. Now that I keep seeing red soles all over the place it's kind of a turn off and the shoes aren't unique anymore...just like if it were an LV mono logo bag. It's boring IMO. (ut oh...now I've upset the LV set). These are just my opinions. It's okay if you disagree with me because I am sure most of you will. Me if I love a shoe, I buy it. It doesn't matter if it has a red sole or not.

Thank you for your support. :lol:

***steps off soap box and crawls away now***:sweatdrop:

HubbaWubba- I do agree that many trademarks have been using colored soles for a long time, but now, that CL is so popular, it's his trademark. No other brand should use it.
I also agree that those shoes are so lovely, even nicer than what Mr CL is making.
The point is: why would a high end brand such us Versace use other peoples trademarks?! They've never done it before, so why did they do it now when it's Mr.CL's trademark?

i think i recall an acticle stating that CL is working on obtaining a patent for the red soles not sure how goes the progress on that...i do know that right now it is open season for any and every designer to use the red on soles...flattery or fakery...you decided:lol: