Chris Rock Files For Divorce

1. Chris Rock Files for Divorce

Posted Nov 3rd 2006

[​IMG]TMZ has learned that Chris Rock has begun divorce proceedings against his wife of nearly 10 years, Malaak Compton-Rock. TMZ is told that the comedian has hired a high-powered divorce attorney to represent him.

The couple, married in November of 1996, has two daughters -- 4 year-old Lola and 2 year-old Zahra. Malaak is the Founder and Executive Director of StyleWORKS; a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the workforce.

When contacted, Rock's rep would only say "I cannot comment at this time."

Chris, best known for his stand-up comedy as well as for a controversial turn as the host of the 2005 Oscar telecast, once told NBC's Stone Phillips that marriage was "beautiful" but added, "If you're a guy, [your individual self] is dead. Get rid of you. Take yourself to the door and wave. Hey, see you later. It sounds horrible. I'm happier than I've ever been now that I've shot myself in the head."

Rock is currently in post-production for the film "I Think I Love My Wife."

2. :sad: that's sad..feel sorry for the kids..

3. That's too bad.

4. that's so sad. I really like him as a comic and hoped his marriage was working, but given some of the comments he would make in his act, I wondered...

5. I thought he was happy, something must have happend for him to file a divorce?

6. Oh .. that's too bad ..

7. Awww.

8. That's awful. They seemed so in love. But it just goes to show that you can't judge a book by it's cover. I hope that it's not messy.

9. that's sad!

10. Sorry to hear this. Bur for the record Chris you did not start to look better until you married this women. Hope you are not high on Chris.

11. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I just recently saw this BEAUTIFUL family together in LA. The girls are simply adorable. Just a nice, normal family out together going to the movies on a Saturday afternoon.

What a shame. 10 years and two beautiful little girls and they couldn't hold it together? So sad.

12. what happened?
    why can't people just work some things out sometimes....
    problems

13. How sad. I've seen his wife in interviews regarding her organization and I was so impressed. She's done so much to help women get prepared to enter the work force, it's so great when people w/ money use it to help others.

14. I'm sorry to hear that, he did always talk about marriage in his comedy acts in a negative light.. quote "Married and bored...Single and Looonnlly, aint no happiness noo where" I loved his act though

15. omg, i saw his stand up act a couple of year ago and he said the nicest things about his wife. how sad. :wtf: