Chloe S/S '08 R-T-W Show

As I look at the photos of what Chloe has come to be… it is truly upsetting. I’m extremely disappointed that the house selected this particular designer to follow Phoebe. I agree with CHB about the choice being as far off as seemingly possible considering the house’s softer past. It screams “wrong” to me, as well as “hideous” in parts, and I’m the biggest Chloe fan I know. The face of that model really illustrates the collection’s harsh sharpness, and the new reality of what Chloe has morphed into. Even if this is softer than the Fall collection, I too cannot believe Ralph Toledano has hired Andersson to give this house such a depressed angry look. I pray he doesn’t last, because if I see anymore modern neon colors in his next collection, I think I might go blind!

I await Ms. Philo’s encouraged return to the industry to start a new chapter which fills our longing for the chic and sexy, retro-elegant Chloe of the past. :yes:

Very well said, elle! :tup:

CHB, some interesting thoughts... I quite like the collection, especially the chiffon, but you've swayed me on some pieces.

Thanks, i_wona. :flowers:

...at the end of the day, I just can't get over this - it's such a shock after scrolling through all those pictures!

00330m.jpg

She's certainly unusual looking, isn't she? :blink:

I don't think the post-apocalyptic make-up helps much, does it?! :lol:

Cheerful! :upsidedown:

As I look at the photos of what Chloe has come to be… it is truly upsetting. I’m extremely disappointed that the house selected this particular designer to follow Phoebe. I agree with CHB about the choice being as far off as seemingly possible considering the house’s softer past. It screams “wrong” to me, as well as “hideous” in parts, and I’m the biggest Chloe fan I know. The face of that model really illustrates the collection’s harsh sharpness, and the new reality of what Chloe has morphed into. Even if this is softer than the Fall collection, I too cannot believe Ralph Toledano has hired Andersson to give this house such a depressed angry look. I pray he doesn’t last, because if I see anymore modern neon colors in his next collection, I think I might go blind!

I await Ms. Philo’s encouraged return to the industry to start a new chapter which fills our longing for the chic and sexy, retro-elegant Chloe of the past. :yes:

I couldn't have put it better myself! :woohoo: