Chloe names new Designer

chloe-babe

O.G.
May 1, 2006
AFTER a shaky couple of seasons without its last star creative director, Phoebe Philo, in the driving seat, Chloe has a new designer to shout about. Ralph Toledano, chairman and ceo of the Parisian fashion house, announced this morning that Paulo Melim Andersson is the new chief designer of the label. The 34-year-old Swedish fashion maker, who boasts degrees from both Central Saint Martins and London's Royal College of Art, was previously design director of Marni for seven years. "We are thrilled to have Paulo join us and look forward to him becoming part of the Chloe design legacy," said Toledano. Andersson, who follows Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Phoebe Philo into the Chloe hot seat, will unveil his first collection for the house in March, for autumn/winter 2007-8. (October 11 2006, AM)

Yep, but I completely "get" the Marni collection thing, in many ways, its a very similar brand. I cannot wait to see the changes he will make in his first collection :smile:

I completely agree. Marni has quite a similar philosophy to Chloe and to be honest i am not expecting any major changes but minor surprises but then again who knows:confused1: ?...

Oh dear...:s

I've always thought of Marni as an inferior and drearier (ooh, that rhymes! LOL) Chloe.

Like a Chloe substitute for wealthy, but mousey, librarians who worry that Chloe might make them look slightly attractive! :lol:

But, I'll try to keep an open mind and a hopeful heart. :yes:

Oh dear...:s

I've always thought of Marni as an inferior and drearier (ooh, that rhymes! LOL) Chloe.

Like a Chloe substitute for wealthy, but mousey, librarians who worry that Chloe might make them look slightly attractive! :lol:

But, I'll try to keep an open mind and a hopeful heart. :yes:

Maybe he'll ante up!!! We shall see.....!

^ I hope so! :yes:

I just remembered that Marni did some gorgeous sandals a couple of years ago (A/W '04 - '05). :heart: :heart: :heart:

I bought a pair, but had to return them as they were too big and they'd sold out of the 37s. :crybaby:

So, maybe there is hope, afterall! :yahoo:

I do still want to be a Chloe girl, if at all possible! :yes:

These are them (not so sure about the socks, LOL!):

00080f.jpg