Chloe Ediths

tod said:
I'm going through the same feelings with my Edith too:cry: I loved her for a very short time and though she looks gorgeous, it just doesnt seem "right" when I carry it. I'm thinking of selling her but I go through separation anxiety every time i'm about to. I think part of the reason for this is she's so hard to find but I know I shouldnt hang on to it for the wrong reasons. Lord, you and I are about the same height and I feel the same way you do. If you're not "feeling" her, maybe you should put her up for sale.

Hi tod,

Since this post I actually decided to keep my whiskey Edith. Since I made that decision the thought of returning her hasn't entered my mind. :amuse:

When I was deliberating between keeping or selling I tried to remove the "hard to get" element from being part of my final decision. It may be hard to get now, and yes you may have worked hard to get it, but a year from now it won't be hard at all (think about the paddington). Sure, owning a hard-to-get bag does propel the appeal of a bag to another level but in order for that appeal to stick Chloe would have to discontinue Edith like....right now! :lol: Unfort. I don't think that will happen.:Push:

The one thing that did impact my decision was this: the uniqueness of bag. For example, if you go buy an LV you know exactly what the structure and monogramming of the bag will be. With the Edith, each one is different because of the leather. So if you are fickled (like me) and return the bag only to attempt purchasing it over again...well, you might end up with one whose leather isn't as nice as your current one. But maybe you don't have the "perfect" Edith for you yet? If this is the case there are some things to consider:

1) The leather. When I was hunting down my Edith I purchased two. One from Saks and one from NM. If I had only ordered the one from NM I would have returned that bag immediately with no regrets. The leather on the NM one was too smooth and the bag too structured. However, the Saks Edith was "my" perfect Edith (distressed leather, pebbly and scrumply).

2) Color. I know some of our fellow PF'ers ordered one color and wasn't crazy about it and ordered another color. They fell in LOVE with the 2nd color. I personally LOVE the whiskey but I know some PF'ers swear by the Chamois or chocolate.

Hope this helps!!!:flowers:

OMG Lord, after reading your post, now i'm seriously getting separation anxiety. You're so right about the uniqueness of the leather. I got lucky with mine. Got it from NM online and happened to just love the quality of the leather instantly. In thinking about this more, maybe part of my reasons too is probably handbag overload???... Maybe I should stop for a moment and think this over...thanks for enlightening me.:angel:

chicbags said:
tod,
Which color did you purchase? the whiskey or chocolate?
Maybe it is the warm weather? It is a warm heavy bag.

I have the whiskey. You may be right. Maybe in the fall i'll fall in love all over again? :wonderingwhat to do, what to do...

What to do is wait a bit! Don't rush into anything. I have the whiskey also and a 'good one'.
The new whiskey pictured on NAP sure looks plain compared to ours. Remember how the Paddy leather has changed through the seasons? The Edith's may do the same.

chicbags said:
What to do is wait a bit! Don't rush into anything. I have the whiskey also and a 'good one'.
The new whiskey pictured on NAP sure looks plain compared to ours. Remember how the Paddy leather has changed through the seasons? The Edith's may do the same.

tod, I'm glad I could be of help. Isn't this ironic? A PF'er who was this close (pinching fingers together) to giving up her Edith convincing another PF'er to keep hers! :lol: The one thing I didn't even mention about the leather was that mine is getting more yummy. What do I mean by this? Well, if possible, I'm gettingmore scrumples instead of losing them! Also, the leather is starting to soften and now it definitely has that "vintage" look. For those who aren't familiar with Ediths it looks like a very expensive leather bag that you might have inherited from a family member. A very expensive perfect condition bag...lol.

I have never seen the Chamois in real life but from what I've heard the color is beautiful, like butter. It is much deeper in real life, I believe and photos really don't represent the bag properly. Roey has the chocolate and chamois color Ediths and I am sure once she reads this thread she can give you her opinion on the chamois's upkeep.

chicbags, I agree with you regarding the new Ediths. I am not a big fan of all the variations. I think Edith looks best in its current design. Also, if Edith becomes widely popular (like paddy), I think they will have a third party company produce the bag and the leather will 1) look different than the first edition bags and 2) all look the same?

This, of course, is all speculation on my part. :idea:

Chicbags and Lord, this is so funny...this is like divine PF intervention LOL. I thought I was SO sold on letting her go and now i'm not sure anymore. So I took her out of her box and i'm staring at how gorgeous this leather looks and how yummy she smells and I could go on and on... :rolleyes: I'm taking her out with me today and showin' her some love:heart:

chicbags said:

^^I completely agree. I have my dream Whiskey Edith - I then (on an ordering fluke) received a beautiful Chocoate Edith. I really wanted to send one back - my thinking was "I could always re-order a chocolate in the fall winter '07 if I missed her - but then I started to worry about the leather. Balenciaga bags were so amazing the first few seasons - and then they started messing with the leather. I was worried that my beloved Edith's would be the same too.

Long story short - I still haven't returned and Edith yet.

You guys have a good point here. I love her leather and how nicely scrumpled she is so i'm going to keep her for now. I would hate to regret selling her later on so she's staying:yes:

lordguinny said:
I am not a big fan of all the variations. I think Edith looks best in its current design. Also, if Edith becomes widely popular (like paddy), I think they will have a third party company produce the bag and the leather will 1) look different than the first edition bags and 2) all look the same?

This, of course, is all speculation on my part. :idea:

^^Another good point. I have a feeling "first edition" ediths will be more collectable and beautiful. It always seems to be this way with leather bags. Once there is a demand for a design the company slightly cheapens production to make more money. Maybe not noticable to the general public - but definitely noticable to Purse Forum Members!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

beauxgoris said:
^^Another good point. I have a feeling "first edition" ediths will be more collectable and beautiful. It always seems to be this way with leather bags. Once there is a demand for a design the company slightly cheapens production to make more money. Maybe not noticable to the general public - but definitely noticable to Purse Forum Members!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw a new fall line Medium Edith at Neimans. The color was pretty. I picked it up and it felt lighter and smaller to me. Perhaps my imagination, but I don't know :roflmfao:

^^No - you're probably right! I just learned that early B-bags (in the smaller style) were slightly bigger than todays version and of course the leather was much better - so this wouldn't surprise me at all!

I loved the Edith when I first saw it but now time has passed and I feel that I have fallen out of love with it. It can happen, but then more times passes and I love it again. Am I the only one this happens to? It happens with almost all bags, all brands

BabyLauren said:
I loved the Edith when I first saw it but now time has passed and I feel that I have fallen out of love with it. It can happen, but then more times passes and I love it again. Am I the only one this happens to? It happens with almost all bags, all brands

Why else do we all spend endless hours, $$$$ and energy
buying the next perfect, answer to all of my prayers Dream Bag? :upsidedown::nuts:

You are far from alone :heart::whistle: