Scarves Chiffon (mousseline) scarves

A fun story for those who like the older scarves...I hope you don't mind me sharing!

I think I have finally found a scarf I may not be able to tame, lol! I found this lovely and became intrigued by the colors and showed my hubby. He was not impressed. I believe his words went something like "looks like something grandma needs to throw out because it looks faded...." Though I could see where he was coming from, my eyes were focused on the color of the fold lines....
View attachment 3418724

Undeterred, and fairly certain I was really going to like the colors once it wasn't flat I went ahead and got it because I wanted something to wear as a shawl at the hubster's concerts where it is often kept cold to help keep the period instruments in tune and I didn't want to break the bank in case I hatey hated the size.

My NTM (new to me) La Rosee GM (changeant) in an ever so lovely stormy blue and fuchsia with black border, modeled here by the ever so helpful Frieda Painty-paws. I photographed it like you would diamonds in indirect light, no flash in order to get the color play of the changeant.

View attachment 3418723

View attachment 3418722

SURPRISE! It has a beautiful contrast lilac hem!
View attachment 3418725

Of course, once I had it I fell in love with the colors and had to wear it immediately despite not having a single clue how to handle all this material on a hot summer day at 100+ degrees.
View attachment 3418726

but it reminds me of a stormy sunset with clouds.... :heart::heart:

View attachment 3418727
What wonderful colors! Changeants are so special! Congrats.

Reactions: bunnycat
It is one of the most interesting La Rosee's that I have ever seen....gorgeous!!!

I have never seen a changeant Rosee, it's truly a beauty, lucky you bunnycat!

So beautiful! Looks lovely on you

This is such a beautiful post! Congrats on your changeant, it is spectacular! Aww to Frieda :heart:

What wonderful colors! Changeants are so special! Congrats.

Oh- thank you so much H24Fbg, Croisette, jayjay, rainneday and katekluet! It is my first changeant, and I agree they are very special and very beautiful! Even the hubster was impressed when I showed it to him. (Frieda is special too....:giggle: Caught in a rare moment of behaving....)

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
A fun story for those who like the older scarves...I hope you don't mind me sharing!

I think I have finally found a scarf I may not be able to tame, lol! I found this lovely and became intrigued by the colors and showed my hubby. He was not impressed. I believe his words went something like "looks like something grandma needs to throw out because it looks faded...." Though I could see where he was coming from, my eyes were focused on the color of the fold lines....
View attachment 3418724

Undeterred, and fairly certain I was really going to like the colors once it wasn't flat I went ahead and got it because I wanted something to wear as a shawl at the hubster's concerts where it is often kept cold to help keep the period instruments in tune and I didn't want to break the bank in case I hatey hated the size.

My NTM (new to me) La Rosee GM (changeant) in an ever so lovely stormy blue and fuchsia with black border, modeled here by the ever so helpful Frieda Painty-paws. I photographed it like you would diamonds in indirect light, no flash in order to get the color play of the changeant.

View attachment 3418723

View attachment 3418722

View attachment 3418725

Of course, once I had it I fell in love with the colors and had to wear it immediately despite not having a single clue how to handle all this material on a hot summer day at 100+ degrees.
View attachment 3418726

View attachment 3418727
Wow! This is so gorgeous! From the first pic, I would never have considered this scarf. But your pix are absolutely amazing!!! I don't have any changeants- YET. Maybe that needs to change. COngrats!

Wow! This is so gorgeous! From the first pic, I would never have considered this scarf. But your pix are absolutely amazing!!! I don't have any changeants- YET. Maybe that needs to change. COngrats!

Thank you! Lol scarf1, that was hubby's reaction. But I was undeterred and held firm.... :cool: (Being stubborn is sometimes a helpful trait....) :lol:

Reactions: scarf1

View attachment 3418724

View attachment 3418723

View attachment 3418722

View attachment 3418725

View attachment 3418726

View attachment 3418727

Pick me up from the floor Bunnycat, your NTY (new to you ;) )mousseline is absolutely sublime, many congrats!!

View attachment 3418724

View attachment 3418723

View attachment 3418722

View attachment 3418725

View attachment 3418726

View attachment 3418727

This is gorgeous - and you did an incredible job capturing the changeant effect in your photos. I love changeants and in spite of collecting H for years, only got my first changeant a few months ago. I'd love to have one in the colors like yours - they are extra magical, I think!! Enjoy this beauty

This is gorgeous - and you did an incredible job capturing the changeant effect in your photos. I love changeants and in spite of collecting H for years, only got my first changeant a few months ago. I'd love to have one in the colors like yours - they are extra magical, I think!! Enjoy this beauty

thank you luvbolide! You would never have guessed from the initial pics that these would be the changeant colors. I had just been hoping for pink and darker pink, but the deep pink to blue is marvelous!

Oh- thank you so much H24Fbg, Croisette, jayjay, rainneday and katekluet! It is my first changeant, and I agree they are very special and very beautiful! Even the hubster was impressed when I showed it to him. (Frieda is special too....:giggle: Caught in a rare moment of behaving....)
I used to be a nutsy cuckoo La Rosee collector for many years. I have never seen this one before. Stunning...

View attachment 3418724

View attachment 3418723

View attachment 3418722

View attachment 3418725

View attachment 3418726

View attachment 3418727

Well bunnycat you certainly captured the changeant in this !! Sorry to be lame..I know you are posting la rosee but are the changeant and the "faded grandma" the same scarf? I'm thinking that they are 2 different scarves?:confused1: Anyhoo, love the changeant..no clue how to style the big ones. They are so chic worn as a dress/coverup (not on me:noworry:), with the front tied halter-esque style. It would be quite bold in a mousseline:P. I'll see if I can find a picture

Edit: just read later posts/responses..it is the same scarf. Well blow me Down. You have a great eye..double conrgratulations

I used to be a nutsy cuckoo La Rosee collector for many years. I have never seen this one before. Stunning...

Well bunnycat you certainly captured the changeant in this !! Sorry to be lame..I know you are posting la rosee but are the changeant and the "faded grandma" the same scarf? I'm thinking that they are 2 different scarves?:confused1: Anyhoo, love the changeant..no clue how to style the big ones. They are so chic worn as a dress/coverup (not on me:noworry:), with the front tied halter-esque style. It would be quite bold in a mousseline:P. I'll see if I can find a picture

Edit: just read later posts/responses..it is the same scarf. Well blow me Down. You have a great eye..double conrgratulations

I have a fascination for the dew drops H24... :smile:. Essiedub- yep! Same scarf! Thank you! Rosee was issued in 140cm 2 times. Once in 1997 and also 2008/9. I'm guessing this is 1997 because of the large empty border.

^

Dear Fabfashion, IMO the moussies are sturdier than they look. I am also not too careful with mine and even the one I am using for some years now is still as good as new! Must have to do with the fantastic H quality... My cat even jumped on one mousse once and nearly gave me a heart attack - and there was not the slightest pull! Zippers are dangerous, though - as for every silk.

And one more dangerous thing about moussies: They are terribly addictive... So you really need to beware... ;)

Hello mousse fans,
I just popped back in to report on a wonderful experience I had yesterday WASHING my GM mousse. I discovered a stain and so I handwashed the entire shawl in cold water (no soap) and hung it carefully to dry on a rack. A short time later it was perfect! As I was washing it I was thinking of the bonding experience of bathing one's baby! Really I was proud of how strong it was and how easy to handle. I have several of the Hermès mousselines of all types and this one was not of the silkiest thin variety. Nevertheless, I have ever more admiration for the quality of these pieces, and am thinking surely if they last this well perhaps I don't need SO MANY!!! But I know I will always be drawn to these beauties - definitely the most wearable format IMHO.

View attachment 3418724

Bunnycat What an eye for a beauty you have! Like everyone here I'm amazed at the duality of this mousseline, Jekyll and Hyde have nothing on it !
It looks beautiful on you BTW , you mustn't think of it as voluminous, like you I can feel swamped by a 140 mousse .Just swathe it in the neck of a chunky jumper , this is one that will look at home in the colder months too.

Bunnycat What an eye for a beauty you have! Like everyone here I'm amazed at the duality of this mousseline, Jekyll and Hyde have nothing on it !
It looks beautiful on you BTW , you mustn't think of it as voluminous, like you I can feel swamped by a 140 mousse .Just swathe it in the neck of a chunky jumper , this is one that will look at home in the colder months too.

Thank you frou frou! I have a feeling I'll be wearing it a lot come autumn, just for the sheer joy of wrapping myself up in it!

Reactions: klynneann