Chi flat iron questions

1. I was at a wedding last night and a woman told me I had to purchase a Chi flat iron. My daughter and I have poker-straight, long hair but there are always a few fly away pieces we want to take care of. What size flat iron do we need and where can I purchase one for the best price? We will probably have to order online. We do have a Drug Emporium nearby, though. Any help would be appreciated.

2. It depends on how long your hair is.

My hair is just above my waist and my Chi flat iron is 2 inches. The longer your hair is, the thicker you want your iron to be so it's less time consuming.

If you want versatility, go for the 1 inch irons since you can also use them to curl and flip your hair. Just check youtube.com on how to use the iron for that.

I think Amazon had some on sale before, I'm not sure about now.

3. Thanks. My daughter just asked if I found one yet. My daughter's hair reaches her elbows and mine is a few inches past my shoulders.

4. the 1 inch chi should suit the both of you. you can find good deals on *bay too!

5. I have the 1" chi - my hair is about the middle of my back. Have you looked at the GHD irons? I am starting to lean towards purchasing one and away from my Chi.

6. ^^why is that? Are they better? I saw a GHD advertised today in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It is pink. :heart:

7. Try Ulta.com. They are having sales on Chi irons now and they have on-line coupons to get money off. I would suggest you get a 1 3/4 or 2 inch iron since both of you have longer hair.

8. I just saw a pink one and ordered it. It's the one-inch. I hope that works. If not, I will return it. My daughter watched a ton of youtube videos last night on it, so I appreciate all your help. TPF has the best resources and the most knowledgeable gals. :smile:

9. 1" should work. I have thick, long hair and it works great on me. I purchased mine on eBay.

10. I do not have a Chi. I just ordered a Sedu flat iron based upon reviews I had seen. Some of the reviews of the Chi mentioned problems with quality. It's a tough decison as they are pricey. I'll let you know how I like the Sedu once I get the hang of it.