Cheese-lovers, unite!!

1. What are your favorite cheeses?

How do you eat them (alone, with fruit or crackers, washed down with wine)?

:heart: Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese:heart:

2. BF and I love a good cheese plate. I'm most fond of cheese with a really fine beer, like a good belgian lambic. Something really complex. I like to cleanse my palate between cheeses with fruit, nuts and toast, but tend to eat the cheese itself plain, unless it's really runny.
    Oh man, I love cheese! My sister has an awesome cheese shop she passes on her way home from work, I'm so jealous I don't get to peruse fine cheeses so easily!
    If I absolutely had to pick a favorite, it would probably be either a soft chevre or manchego. I do love brie and camembert a lot, but they're so uneven. Sometimes they're too dry, sometimes too runny, too pungent or too bland. Mostly I just like to try anything new.

3. I forgot what it's called, but I ate it in France quite frequently.

It's a cheese that's covered in ash. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

4. I LOVE goat cheese!! So delicious with white wine. One of my all time favorite cheeses however, as childish as it may sound, is Cracker Barrel Baby Swiss. I am obsessed with it!

5. I like the pepperjack kind, sharp cheddar, swiss, american and so much more!

6. OMG IntlSet! I LOOOOOOOVE cheese! :yahoo: :choochoo: :party: :drinks: :rochard: Is there a kind I don't like? No! My fave is Brie. Plain, with crackers, on sandwiches, burgers anything! I'll even eat limberger (sp? - the really stinky cheese) Sometimes I'll eat a cheese sandwich with 3 different cheeses on it.

So glad you posted this :yes: I'm in the cheese-aholics club :lol:

7. I love Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I need cheese. I feen for cheese.

8. haha, you're hilarious, ebsbgrl! Wow, look at that enthusiasm!!

9. :love: :love: :love: Cheese!

I can't even pick favorites b/c I love them all. Goat cheese, camembert, fresh mozzerella, feta, gouda, edam, gorgonzola, ricotta, horseradish -- it's all good. I like everything from your basic American, provelone, and cheddar, to the more exotic kinds that I've only ever had in france (and I can't remember the names, but know that I liked them:rolleyes: )

10. Me me me!! I :heart: :heart: cheese. Eat it alone, eat it w/ grapes, eat it w/ anything!

My fav: Jarlsberg, Camembert and Swiss..

Hmmmm... yum...

oooh had to add: i love eating cheese and sipping on a good glass of port!!! :yahoo:

11. It is so true. My DH thinks I'm half cracked b/c I will eat cheese plain. Cheeses like blue. He thinks it smells bad. I think its great :lol: . Have you ever tried blue with hamburger? Pretty simple. .......when you making the patty, mix up blue cheese with it. Its phenominal. :yes:

12. i love cheese and not many people that i know of share the same passion. i love alot of cheese in my italian food, sandwiches, burgers, fries. i can eat cheese by itself too. some people think cheese stink but i don't! we should have a cheese club! :p my husband used to buy blocks of cheese from Amsterdam when he flies there.

13. Gouda is great on so many things that most people wouldn't think of. ie, sandwiches, certain pizzas.

14. mmm, I love cheese with fruit, like on apples slices and with grapes. Also with WINE.

I'm all psyched about this thread! Cheese is the best:smile:

15. Oh my Gosh....I can live on cheese, favs are stilton, manchego, goat with herbs or plain, fresh central american cheese on corn arepa, blue on everything, tonite........before I saw this post, I came home late and for dinner had.........melba toast with stilton, manchego, goat and fresh cheese some with this, some with that, on some I poured a tiny bit of honey on others a little chopped tomato and chopped scallions which I buy already chopped, ....goat cheese with almonds and a apricot glaze is to die for and I have a recipe for a onion/cheese pie that is incredible, let me know if you want it,..all cheese is wonderful!!!