Check Out Liz Hurley's Tacky Beachwear Line For Kids

^^Good question, but letting your children run naked and free is different than being posted in a magazine or on the internet. I am all for naked fun for children because it is innocent. When pics of young girls in sexy clothing appear on the internet it is disturbing. There are so many perverts out there that will objectify and get off with those pics. This is a huge problem and when we sell our children out like this we are buying into the idealization of the young prepubescent body. Is this why older women want to look like girls, Nicole Ritchie, Vicky B, Kate B, all the chics with eating disorders?
You can't tell me Cindy doesn't know of this first hand, I have lost some respect for her and question why her child is modelling. Do they not have enough money for her college fund?
Liz Hurley, I lost respect for when she said "I'd kill myself if I were as fat as Marilyn Monroe." We all know Marilyn had a healthy womanly figure unlike we see today.
Sorry for the rant.

^^Good question, but letting your children run naked and free is different than being posted in a magazine or on the internet. I am all for naked fun for children because it is innocent. When pics of young girls in sexy clothing appear on the internet it is disturbing. There are so many perverts out there that will objectify and get off with those pics. This is a huge problem and when we sell our children out like this we are buying into the idealization of the young prepubescent body. Is this why older women want to look like girls, Nicole Ritchie, Vicky B, Kate B, all the chics with eating disorders?
You can't tell me Cindy doesn't know of this first hand, I have lost some respect for her and question why her child is modelling. Do they not have enough money for her college fund?
Liz Hurley, I lost respect for when she said "I'd kill myself if I were as fat as Marilyn Monroe." We all know Marilyn had a healthy womanly figure unlike we see today.
Sorry for the rant.

Agreed. :yes:

I grew up a block from the beach. Let me tell you, it is a pervert's paradise. Think about it: lots of kids wearing small amounts of clothing. I wouldn't want my daughters wearing sexy bikinis. Wearing a one piece doesn't stop them from lusting, but a bathing suit that adult and sexy makes them more able to justify young girls as sexual objects. Just like the rapist who blames the victim for wearing a miniskirt.

I grew up a block from the beach. Let me tell you, it is a pervert's paradise. Think about it: lots of kids wearing small amounts of clothing. I wouldn't want my daughters wearing sexy bikinis. Wearing a one piece doesn't stop them from lusting, but a bathing suit that adult and sexy makes them more able to justify young girls as sexual objects. Just like the rapist who blames the victim for wearing a miniskirt.

I completely agree. As a mother of three young girls, I have a very hard time finding an age-appropriate bathing suit every Summer. I will not put my daughters in a bikini (unless it's a tankini or has a wide sports bra-like top) simply because I don't want any sicko ogling them. Animal prints can be, at least to me, on a fine line between trendy and tacky. Some of the time they fall on the good, trendy side and some of the time animal prints like leopard can fall on the tacky side. This leopard print, coupled with a string bikini on a child, is very very tacky.

And, like a pp said, the photo shoot included topless pics and a temporary tattoo. You can either agree or disagree that the swimsuits are too sexy or tacky, but there isn't any question that they were intended to be sexy with pics like that.

I won't put my little girl in a two piece suit, but it isn't because of perverts or it being inherently too sexy. It is simply impractical. Little girls want to run and play and splash. Because they have nothing to hold a two piece suit in place, it shifts, sags, rides up and does other uncomfortable things while she is trying to play. In my eyes, two piece swimsuits for little girls are for the mother (because she must think it is cute to buy it) and not the girl.

But overall, girl's clothing has become FAR too sexualized. Has anyone seen the logos on t-shirts, messages written on the butts and the low-cut styles out there? I cannot believe anyone would buy them, but they must because they keep making them!

We have had a discussion like this before and in it I agreed that the two piece bathing suits were very wrong, but in that case there was just too little material. It's hard to get into the mind of a sexual predator or pedophile, but I will say that seeing a young girl in a two piece bathing suit isn't going to make them that way, they were already sickos to begin with. I would think that it wouldn't matter if it was a one piece, or a child fully-clothed.

I agree with you Kiss n tell about pictures of children on the internet, because all of a sudden anyone has access to these pictures, and to think that it could be a catalyst to these perverts is frightening. Hautemama, the photoshoots include topless pics with tattoos??? gosh, there is certainly a line not to be crossed.

I think its really sad that we have to freak out about a 5 year old wearing a bikini. (or however old those kids are in the pics) I have a friend with a daughter and in Canada we had a pool, so her daughter who was about 3 at the time had on a cute bikini, and i didn't find anything innapropriate about it. Of course it wasn't leopard print either!! In Sweden my aunts would let their kids run around naked at the beach, I still found nothing innapropriate about it. So my question is, where do we draw the line? no more naked kids? no more 3 year olds in bikini's at your friends house? just in case someone might sexualize them, or there is a pedophile lurking...