Château Scandinave #6

Have to share a success story. Bought this leather wool dress and when it was time to take it to the drycleaner I was surprised that my regular and another drycleaning service I at time use were horrified and said it's not possible to wash and that all leather items have another ( expensive) cleaning service but this is combined with wool, cannot do. So yesterday I got the courage to wash it myself and voilá, success!!!

I've treated the leather with the enclosed treatment (thin milky substance with no smell)I bought in NY in the bebe brand clothing store. I'm so happy it turned out well [emoji173]️

IMG_1480754640.429909.jpg
IMG_1480754653.709940.jpg

Evening all! I am sorry for my absence. Internet has been extremely slow at home but today it is finally back to normal! The renovation is on-going but it is driving me crazy. I am tired on sleeping in the dining room (!) and storing all furniture on our first floor (we have emptied the second floor completely). On Wednesday the carpenters will be back and later this week (or beginning of next week) the painters will be back and then we will be able to move back to our bedroom/our "second" living room. The guest room and my walk in closet may not be 100% ready before Christmas but if I am lucky all closets will be installed.

Cookieonbox.jpg

Evening all! I am sorry for my absence. Internet has been extremely slow at home but today it is finally back to normal! The renovation is on-going but it is driving me crazy. I am tired on sleeping in the dining room (!) and storing all furniture on our first floor (we have emptied the second floor completely). On Wednesday the carpenters will be back and later this week (or beginning of next week) the painters will be back and then we will be able to move back to our bedroom/our "second" living room. The guest room and my walk in closet may not be 100% ready before Christmas but if I am lucky all closets will be installed.

View attachment 3539627

This pic made me smile [emoji3] your kitties are probably less stressed than you. I know it would be nice to have everything done by Xmas but I can imagine you are working and in between coordinating the renovation. Think about the result, it's not going to take forever and when it's done you get to enjoy it! I must say I'm a perfectionist and at times I get so exhausted with renovations I start to cut corners and later regret. Nowadays I limit my projects.

This pic made me smile [emoji3] your kitties are probably less stressed than you. I know it would be nice to have everything done by Xmas but I can imagine you are working and in between coordinating the renovation. Think about the result, it's not going to take forever and when it's done you get to enjoy it! I must say I'm a perfectionist and at times I get so exhausted with renovations I start to cut corners and later regret. Nowadays I limit my projects.

Perhaps we overdid it a little but as we decided to have new floors installed, the heaters/radiators had to be removed and then we decided to have the walls re-painted and the rest is history! This is seriously driving me crazy but I hope it will be worth it once it is ready! What we have seen so far is promising! It will be so much better than what it was before! The cats are not stressed at all! I think they are pretty happy. Honey wanted to take a look upstairs yesterday but when she saw the empty rooms, she decided to go downstairs very quickly again. Cookie loves all boxes!

Perhaps we overdid it a little but as we decided to have new floors installed, the heaters/radiators had to be removed and then we decided to have the walls re-painted and the rest is history! This is seriously driving me crazy but I hope it will be worth it once it is ready! What we have seen so far is promising! It will be so much better than what it was before! The cats are not stressed at all! I think they are pretty happy. Honey wanted to take a look upstairs yesterday but when she saw the empty rooms, she decided to go downstairs very quickly again. Cookie loves all boxes!

You are going to be happy to do a more complete makeover upstairs, because in my experience the parts that didn't get fixed stand out more. Walls are easy to finish and paint but ceiling can be tricky. Good luck finishing the project[emoji256] and your kitties are so cute. It will be blissful when the renovation is history ( if you don't want to continue downstairs [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]).