Chantilly value

Jun 23, 2007
I may have an opportunity to purchase a little Chantilly from someone. Long story -- ebay consigner can't authenticate it, but we know it's real. The consigner can't sell anything they can't authenticate. It's still at their storefront shop and the owner may sell it to me. I don't know how much to offer. It's a teensy little bag -- would be great for a teenager. It is in perfect condition and was purchased in the 80s. Do any of you have an idea for a fair price? I think I would just get it to hold on to because it's such a classic.
to the moderators -- please put this posting where it belongs.
Thanks so much.
--Judy

Attachments

• whatlv.jpg
    whatlv.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 91
It's a cutie! And appears, from that photo, to be in good shape!

After doing a completed items search on eBay, I would say anywhere from $100-$150 would be acceptable. Because she "can't authenticate it", you might get even more of a break. I would probably pay $120.

Thank you both! I was thinking about $120 from looking at eBay. I'll ask about the pocket, but I think everything looked really good when I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I think I'm going to start eBaying my stuff again. When I went back to work two years ago, I folded my little business because it was too tiime-consuming. Now that I have been emancipated from my job (my choice) I can go back to cleaning out my treasures. I just sold two nice handbags on eBay through this consignor. I have to be happy with the 60%, but they both did very well and I think I'm going to go back to it.
--Judy