Changes to feedback policies on eBay

1. So, with all these changes, here are the ones that really stand out to me:

From eBay-
    Feedback Changes
    The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
    Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
    Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.) Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
    When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
    When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
    Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
    All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
    [*]Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.*

**How does this all make you feel? I'm a little concerned about the fact that buyers cannot receive negative feedback!!! (Unless they don't respond to UPI... but what if they leave you a negative just because??)

I'm curious as to what everyone's feelins are on this topic. Looks like the changes are going to reshape eBay as we know it!
  2. Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

Does this make any sense??
  3. When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

???!!! What about when the are UN suspended??
  4. Exactly my point! :confused1:
  5. Hmmm, I like these. I like the 3 day wait for communication purposes and also the 60 days limit.

I also think that with no negative feedback allowed for buyers unless they do not pay, this will increase honest feedback left for sellers. As a buyer I will really appreciate this. I know there have been times when I was unhappy with aspects of a transaction but choose to leave no feedback at all for fear of an unwarrented retaliation. Ebay's feedback system has become nearly useless because many buyers are afraid to leave anything but positive feedback for fear of retaliation. I think this will improve the feedback system, IMHO.

6. "Feedback more than 12 months old will not count towards your percentage."

I can ALMOST agree with this, as someone legitimate may have negatives in their past that were undeserved.
  7. I was just going to post this, since I just read it also.... I dont get the one about not being able to leave buyers negative feedback.. that makes NO sense at all....
  8. I don't like that buyers can only recieve positive feedback, what if they took forever to pay and you had to keep chasing them and they were just a general pain?
  9. I agree, I was given a negative feedback when a seller randomly decided that after 3days I wasn't going to pay so they gave me negative feedback and re-listed the item.:shrugs:
  10. I took it to mean that any negative or neutral feedback that the suspended member left would be removed…but I could be wrong. :shrugs: I hope it doesn't meant that Ebay will removed a suspended member's "received" negative or neutral feedback.

These changes are…umm interesting to say the least.
  11. I was just about to post this. What crap!!! So how will be we know if a person took days to pay with others, or they filed a complaint against the seller, etc...

12. I think she means for members that are suspended for a short time and then they are back. Do they put back all the feedbacks that person left that were removed or do they only remove them for members permanently suspended with no chance of returning :shrugs:
  13. There are definitely a lot of unanswered questions.... This might be my queue to take a mini-vacay from selling on eBay. I've had excellent luck and never had a problem buyer in my years selling, but now the buyers are even more sheltered to do whatever they feel like doing.

Don't get me wrong, I buy on eBay also. This whole thing just makes me feel a little blah.
  14. buyers can only receive positive feedback?!?!?!?!??!
  15. I second that :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: