Changes in the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
doublec31 said:
fr2nc1z, updating the password would probably be difficult because the mods would have to let everyone know this new password. Plus, one of the members may know a newbie and give them the password.

Good point!!

Well... I think the 1 month wait is good way to approach it. Perhaps you can add a threat of banning from the marketplace to those who break the rules?? :smile:

Sellers can always PM the active mods in that forum if they have a problem with buyers (that should be banned from that forum for the safety of sellers and other buyers in the marketplace in general - buying and selling)

no wonder i suddenly couldn't look at the marketplace! that place is truly addicting; i could spend hours perusing the ads.

i think your new rule is quite fair; i'd rather be protected in the long run from scamers.

but.....are we allowed to complete transactions that were initiated prior to these new regulations? (can we continue them via the PM format?)

*jennifer* said:
no wonder i suddenly couldn't look at the marketplace! that place is truly addicting; i could spend hours perusing the ads.

i think your new rule is quite fair; i'd rather be protected in the long run from scamers.

but.....are we allowed to complete transactions that were initiated prior to these new regulations? (can we continue them via the PM format?)
You are absolutely allowed to finish your transactions.

I agree with this decision. IMO 75 posts and one month of membership is a very small price to pay for a great privilege. Thanks Vlad, Megs, & Mods for looking out for us. I want you to know how much I appreciate it.:P ;)

I do understand the administrator's predicament, but I am disappointed. I was really interested in purchasing a bag, not selling. I guess I will have to wait my turn, but as a working mother of a small child, who knows how long it might take me to post 75 times? It will be a lesson in patience, I guess. In the end, I will appreciate how closely you are managing this site.

Vlad,
Maybe you could place this effective like June 1. That way all the people can utilize it now and by June 1 they will have enough posts and enough time as a member etc. Just a thought.

: Vlad "Unregistered users, users awaiting email confirmation, or REGULAR MEMBERS will not be able to view the Marketplace at all."

:wacko: I'm confused. Will I EVER be able to access the market place (after 1 month and 75 posts)? What determines if one is a "regular member" or not?

(a bit later...) OK, I get the 1 month / 75 posts, I just don't understand the "regular member" differentiation...

Glad to wait though...will just miss poking around for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.