Chanel's answer to silver versus gold hardware

^ Hi Jason! :smile: So you're saying that the metallic black reissue that will be re-released will be offered with both h/w's (two different bags each with either silver or gold, or you're saying a mix of both on the chain, like the OP was referring to)? :confused1: Also, every reissue that is supposed to come out (metallic red, purple, blue, pewter, etc.) will be offered with EITHER gold h/w or silver h/w? :confused1: I can't begin to imagine a pewter bag with gold h/w (total mismatch IMO), but is that what you're saying... that it is a potential option?

Minal, I believe the purple reissue will only have silver hw. Jason is my SA and that's how he explained it to me.

Minal, I was on the fence with the size too. I think I'll go with a 226, I think it's the closest to a jumbo. I still haven't seen a picture of it :shrugs:, I can't wait to see what the purple looks like!

Hmmm...cool and warm colours simple don't go together. That's the basic principle of colour harmony...

I actually like a mix of cool and warm tones. I have a camel colored medium sized flap in caviar, and although most people love it with gold hw, I love it so much better with silver. I like red bags with silver hw better also, but it's all just a matter of personal taste.

Ahh, I know, it's so hard to figure out which size to get! :sweatdrop: I love the 226, and feel like it can be more dressy (or at least give me the dressy option hehe) v. the 227, which is more roomy (I love that!) and as I see it, more dressy casual. :smile: Hmm, I'd say the 226 is in between the medium flap and Jumbo, and I think the 227 is more comparable to a Jumbo flap. :smile: Haha, we all need to see those pictures... I'm going crazy wondering too (I hope it's the perfect TDF shade of purple)!! :nuts: :love:

Minal, I was on the fence with the size too. I think I'll go with a 226, I think it's the closest to a jumbo. I still haven't seen a picture of it :shrugs:, I can't wait to see what the purple looks like!

Thanks Minal, I'm going to have to look at the sizes again. For some reason I thought the 226 was more like a jumbo, but I don't own any reissues so I wasn't 100% sure. Now I have to rethink it again :sweatdrop:. I don't want to go larger than the jumbo, oh desicions, desicions :shame:!

I heard that the purple is a nice deep shade, but not so deep that it would look like black. I really need to see it :yes:, this is all very stressful :girlsigh:, LOL!

^Hi Diane! :smile: Ahh, okay... I know, it's such a hard decision haha! :P Larger than the Jumbo would be the 228, and for me personally, that size is too ginormous for me to carry off well hehe. :P Actually, here's a pic to show you how the 227 reissue compares to the Jumbo (I hope I'm not being rude in posting this picture here... just want to show you that the 227 reissue is very, very similar in size to the Jumbo... just slightly more e/w I'd say). :smile:

Two 227 reissues + a Jumbo
GreyreissuenavyJumboandblackreissue.jpg

I heard the same thing about the shade of purple... I really hope it's a knock out, wearable, yet striking shade of purple! :girlsigh: I already have black reissues/flaps hehe, so I definitely don't want to purple to be so dark that it looks almost black (like the navy flaps that I've seen, for example)! :smile:

Ahh, at this point, I have a feeling I might buy both sizes if I'm lucky enough to get my hands on them, and do a poll... I'm just so confused! If I could find my HG violet caviar e/w or medium flap, that would make the decision easier haha, because in that case, I would definitely go with the 227! I wish we could see into the future haha... it is stressful! :nuts:

Oh my! So after hearing all you ladies talk about how ackward it may look to have mixed gold and silver hardware, my brain has convinced me that it will be absolutely beautiful! And on a black reissue no less! This may be my new 'it' bag. I CANT wait to see pics. :blink: