Chanel's answer to silver versus gold hardware

1. I spoke with Anthony at the Bellagio today and during our converation I asked about the purple metallic reissue that will be coming out in the next months or so. It seems Chanel has mixed the hardware on this bag. That's right mixed it, some silver, some gold hardware. I asked are you saying both colors on the same bag? He said yes.

Pardon my unimaginable self but w-t-h is that? Sounds like a real Glamour don't to my ears. BTW, if you are confused. It's not one can purchase the bag with either gold or silver hardware, they've taken the guess work out of the equation. You get both wheter you like it or not. (Why is my brain singing fall into the Gap? Gee, I wonder.) If there is a goddess of Chanel, please make it "ain't" so. :throwup:
  2. i wonder what that would look like? hmm i kept thinking but just couldnt picture that in my head right now. We've already had one topic to discuss on what purple shade would the purple be. Now theres a new topic on the hardware hehe!
  3. All that comes to mind for me is the dual hardware on a Paddington bag, which always caused a lot of debate. It's a lot more casual bag, and it was zipper versus other hardware. On a reissue, maybe they would have the chain be two metals. I can't imagine having the chain one color and the grommets another. Hmmmm.
  4. Prada also has some bags with mixed hw, and I THINK I like it. LOL. Will have to take a look at the violet reissue to decide. I can't wait to see pics!
  5. Hmm, I honestly think I would prefer either all gold or all silver, not a mix of both. I guess we'll have to wait and see!
  6. I like to wear mixed gold... my Cartier jewellery is like that.

HOWEVER, on a Chanel bag, I'm not so sure. It could be messier than I prefer.
  7. ^^^ I also have jewellery that is platinum and yellow gold, which actually looks pretty good together – I guess it depends on how Chanel mixes it up.
  8. does anyone know what shade of purple it will be?
  9. Hmm, I think mixed hardware, and I think about a Rolex haha... I'm not entirely sure about how I feel about BOTH hardwares on the same bag, but I always know immediately if I love or hate something when I see it IRL!! :tup: I'm DYING for a purple Chanel flap, and I hope the mixed hardware isn't a deal breaker for me, because that would be a heartbreaker, ahh! :sad:
  10. heh? that's my first reaction when i read the thread. lol i'm keeping my fingers crossed on the combination! i'm hoping the SA doesn't know what he's talking about or that this is just one of the combo h/w Chanel came up with for the metallic reissues... otherwise i'm not just cruising through cruise but also S/S! crap!
  11. A mixed chain doesn't sound appealing to me. It seems that karl wants to move Chanel away from classic and timeless to trendy and fashionable ... neither of which suit my style.
  12. That sounds like some serious ugly to me.:confused1:
  13. Hmm, could be good or could be bad. I wear both white gold & yellow gold at once and I have been eagerly awaiting the purple reissue. I hope it is done well and still looks classic with an edge. I will have to wait and see. If I don't like it then I will look at the red reissue.
  14. Well I had them put me on the list, but I'm starting to think I might not like it. I guess I will see.
  15. does that mean ALL reissues r coming out in the mixed hardware? or just the purple?