CHANEL TPF members in the Philippines Club

hi everyone! i'm from marikina city. yes, chanel is getting popular in manila. accdg. to a recent article in phil. daily inquirer, you will see about 38 LV toting gals on a weekend in rockwell within an hour as against about 11 chanels. (i'm not sure about the exact figures though...medyo makakalimutin na after my epidural. hehehe...) by the way, i got my vintage chanel from dennis robles and this is his website authentecite.com. he has a vast collection of lv, hermes & chanel. hth

you will also see the likes of happy ongpauco (of barrio fiesta and the boutique in tagaytay), liz uy (fashion editor of preview magazine and current gf of john lloyd) and lots of socialites in the lifestyle pages of the the dailies wearing their chanels.

hello hello!!! :smile:

pinay living in nj for the past 12 years...

i visited last year with dh (his first time there!) and he LOVED IT!! we stayed at shangri la makati.. WE LOVED CIRCLES!! they served taho for breakfast!!! can't beat the location. malls are within arms reach.. i left dh at the arcade while i went shopping hee hee sa uulitin!!!!

you will also see the likes of happy ongpauco (of barrio fiesta and the boutique in tagaytay), liz uy (fashion editor of preview magazine and current gf of john lloyd) and lots of socialites in the lifestyle pages of the the dailies wearing their chanels.

I've always wondered if Heart was related to Happy. Heart's family owns Barriio Fiesta empire yah?

here's the link to the inquirer article that i've mentioned
http://services.inquirer.net/print/print.php?article_id=20080410-129595
Ni e article.. The thing in Ph you really dont know who's wearing authentic chanels vs fake ones.. I for one cant distinguish one from the other without having to look at the tas and interior of the bags,etc.. :sad:

haha, I love that the survey was done from monitoring an hour at rockwell :P

I miss the philippines!!!! not from there but spent 3 summers bumming around doing nothing at all, the life alright!

Am veering away from the showbiz talk for a second (although I do want to know whether Ruffa and Ylmaz have finally broken up? LOL)...

There's a red vintage jumbo on ebay right now from the Phils. A separate thread has been started on whether it's real or not, and the seller is a tPFer. Sad that everything from the Phils is immediately suspect, but then again, we do have a lot of counterfeits in Manila.

Has anyone had a chance to check the ebay auction out. If not, here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-CHANEL-RED...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seller also has an Olsen tote on auction.

haha, I love that the survey was done from monitoring an hour at rockwell :P

I miss the philippines!!!! not from there but spent 3 summers bumming around doing nothing at all, the life alright!

Gosh I miss Rockwell! There's a shoe store there that I like called Sapato Manila. Last time I was there, I bought five pairs, and whenever I wear them here girls always ask me where I bought them or whether they're French Soles!

Is Rockwell still the place to be in or has it been overtaken by the Fort or Greenbelt 5 (is there one already or is it still 4)?

Well for hanging out at night its definitely the Fort and Makati... ROckwell is still ok and the mall is also great...but now greenbelt has also added more shops like Mark Jacobs and Balenciaga...too bad no Chanel yet.... but a big mall is being constructed right now in Fort Bonifacio called the Venice.... it should be finished next year... Hope Chanel comes in Manila soon...

I've always wondered if Heart was related to Happy. Heart's family owns Barriio Fiesta empire yah?

Hey (fellow) Scholastican!!! Came from the Bacolod City campus... Heart and Happy are sisters... and they own Barrio Fiesta (yum!)...

Just recently in Yes! Ruffa G had a picture of the hidden chain (I think)... If I get a chance, I will scan and post it here... It was a pretty red bag...

More, more, more Filipino chika please??? :yes: