Chanel shoes - keep or get rid?

Thanks for your comment. I've also just noticed that the price of the flats has increased considerably since I bought them. Ooh I didn't know you could get these same flats without the ruffle as the ruffle is the part of the shoe I like the least. So, have either of you found that the elastic rubs on your feet?

I have this model, not the patent one but normal leather. It also misses the golden cc in front. The price increase is ridiculous! (sorry stole photo from cocoshappire)

Attachments

• 1678194d1334116515-its-spring-time-flats-post-all-brands-chanel-blk-patent-stretch-ballerinas4.jpg
    1678194d1334116515-its-spring-time-flats-post-all-brands-chanel-blk-patent-stretch-ballerinas4.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 211
I have this model, not the patent one but normal leather. It also misses the golden cc in front. The price increase is ridiculous! (sorry stole photo from cocoshappire)

No worries, Myrkur! I don't mind fellow TPF members using my photos within this forum (looks like I forgot to watermark this one, but I recognized my foot and ceramic tile flooring! :biggrin: ).

honeybunch said:
Thanks Baileylab. I don't think sizing up would work for me. These feel like the perfect fit but I just felt like the elastic would rub. I think if the elastic was coated with leather it would be better but as it's just fabric, I think that's where the problem lies and I don't know if it would get any better.

I would like to keep them but not if they're going to uncomfortable. It would be a huge waste of money. Does anyone own these flats who could give advice about how the elastic feels when wearing the shoes?

I now have these ruffle toe flats in 3 different colors: black like yours, black/gold suede, and most recently black and beige combo. I LOVE these flats - the most comfortable style I've ever owned! The elastic does feel a little uncomfortable at first, so I put a bandage on the back of my feet to prevent from blistering and with a little wear, the elastic softens and doesn't rub anymore! This works for me and because the shoes are sooooo comfortable after the elastic softens in the back, it is worth to go through the trouble of using a bandage for me :smile:

And I wear them ALL the time! My black ones are already worn out from the trips to children's playgrounds but I've had them for a while :smile:

Last edited:
I now have these ruffle toe flats in 3 different colors: black like yours, black/gold suede, and most recently black and beige combo. I LOVE these flats - the most comfortable style I've ever owned! The elastic does feel a little uncomfortable at first, so I put a bandage on the back of my feet to prevent from blistering and with a little wear, the elastic softens and doesn't rub anymore! This works for me and because the shoes are sooooo comfortable after the elastic softens in the back, it is worth to go through the trouble of using a bandage for me :smile:

And I wear them ALL the time! My black ones are already worn out from the trips to children's playgrounds but I've had them for a while :smile:

Great to hear! Mine feel like they might rub a bit on the side of my foot ( the inner side). I think it's because my feet are narrow and the shoes are a tiny bit loose so when my foot moves the shoe moves a bit too and the elastic rubs. I'm hoping it will soften up in that area too.

I've decided to keep them. I just tried them on with some skinny leather pants and they looked really good. I also have the classic cap toe ballerinas, the non-elastic kind, but these ruffle flats fit better as my feet are so narrow. Also, the flats are getting more and more expensive so if I decided to get them at a later date the price could end up being too high to justify for shoes. I have a rule that I don't pay more than £500 for shoes, and i wouldnt pay that for flats. Lol!