CHANEL REISSUE

Hi Ladies, can I ask for your help. I am confused about the numbering and sizing for the reissues, especially in comparison to the Medium, Large, Jumbo standard flap bags. I am also pretty new to Chanel.
The pictures below are a 2.55 bag at $5500. Looks like a pretty big bag- but the tag says "Black M" - bag looks larger than medium to me? The photo almost looks like a jumbo!

What is a 225, 226, 227 in comparison to the 255? Are the "22's" the standard flap sizes?
If there is a post already written on TPF that explains the Chanel numbers, I'd appreciate a referral to that link.... Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• 2.55 Black Hardware store photo 2.jpg
    2.55 Black Hardware store photo 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 4,126
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 2,942
Hi Ladies, can I ask for your help. I am confused about the numbering and sizing for the reissues, especially in comparison to the Medium, Large, Jumbo standard flap bags. I am also pretty new to Chanel.
The pictures below are a 2.55 bag at $5500. Looks like a pretty big bag- but the tag says "Black M" - bag looks larger than medium to me? The photo almost looks like a jumbo!

What is a 225, 226, 227 in comparison to the 255? Are the "22's" the standard flap sizes?
If there is a post already written on TPF that explains the Chanel numbers, I'd appreciate a referral to that link.... Thanks!!!!

The numbers 2.55 refer to the style of the bag, not the size. The 2.55 style is sometimes also called the Reissue.

Reissue Sizing:
Small or extra small = 224 (similar in size to the mini classic flap) $4700 USD
small = 225 (similar in size to the M/L classic flap) $4900 USD
medium=226 (similar in size to the jumbo classic flap) $5500 USD
large=227 (similar in size to the maxi classic flap) $6000 USD

Chanel usually doesn't refer to 2.55/Reissue sizes by the numbers listed above anymore. The mini size (224) is only released seasonally. The other sizes are released regularly in black aged calf with ruthenium or light gold hardware as part of Chanel's iconic collection and in other colors, hardware and finishes seasonally. The one photographed is a seasonal piece (sometimes called a "so black reissue") in 226/medium size, which is slightly larger than the M/L classic flap and slightly smaller than the Jumbo classic flap. HTH!

The numbers 2.55 refer to the style of the bag, not the size. The 2.55 style is sometimes also called the Reissue.

Reissue Sizing:

Chanel usually doesn't refer to 2.55/Reissue sizes by the numbers listed above anymore. The mini size (224) is only released seasonally. The other sizes are released regularly in black aged calf with ruthenium or light gold hardware as part of Chanel's iconic collection and in other colors, hardware and finishes seasonally. The one photographed is a seasonal piece (sometimes called a "so black reissue") in 226/medium size, which is slightly larger than the M/L classic flap and slightly smaller than the Jumbo classic flap. HTH!

Thanks SO MUCH for this reply! This is the information I needed.
The thing about Chanel vs other high end bags is, you have a 50+ year history of various classic styles, all these nuances of what they are called ("reissue vs 2.55", etc) - honestly it takes years to really know the Chanel brand. I find that people refer to Chanel bags in various ways that are not reflected in the product tags anywhere- for example there is a reissue that some call "Patent leather"- but it is not patent, it was a coated calfskin- *not* the leather of the bag featured above, apparently, Also the "so black" terminology was from a few years ago, but is now slang for any black bag with black hardware. All of this history comes into play when an SA sends out photos of a bag, I find.
I thought the reissues were the most expensive for a while but I see the classic flap pricing has caught up. You really feel like you are in an exclusive club when you buy a Chanel bag!!!

" Black M" indicates metal in black or black hardware.

View attachment 3497430 View attachment 3497432 View attachment 3497431
I recently got this beauty:love: My very first Chanel classic! Size 225 with black hardware! I initially wanted a 226 or 227 but I think this size works for my very short 5'1 frame.
Agreed, the 225 looks perfect on you. I have a 226 size but thinking of adding a 225 as well. Mine is the classic distressed calfskin GHW and it's getting a little more love than my jumbo right now. I just love it cuz it can fly under radar with DH.

Reactions: Baghongkonglady
Thank you everyone for your kind comments:amuse: I'm glad I got the 225 size! I don't carry much with me and I prefer a more casual style for larger bags anyway.
Love your 225!! Is your bag the metallic 225? Just wondering as I'm considering this material after seeing yours
I'm not sure if my bag is considered metallic..I know that this one is darker and slightly shinier than the regular versions with RHW/GHW. It should be the same leather as the bag in the pictures posted before mine!:biggrin:

Reissue Sizing:

I thought a 227 is jumbo and a 228 is maxi?View attachment 3504268

I had a Beige Glazed Calfskin 226...I LOVED IT! Every time I took it out I felt so good ;D Unfortunately I wasn't using it enough then sold it :sad: I kind of regret it but it was too expense just to sit on a shelf.