Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

I feel silly admitting this, but I just figured out the Chanel lines! Standing in a long queue in front of the store at Galeries Lafayette is when I realized I was in line for nothing! I thought you waited just to enter the store and get service. But that line is when you need help with a handbag or purchase. If you're like me and just need to find out if they have a certain item in store, you can go right up to the hostess and ask. I did this today after waiting in line 30 minutes, still not close to entering because each transaction takes forever. I kept thinking it doesn't make sense for me to stand in line just to find out they don't have the one I want! (I'm looking for a black mini flap which is sold out so each time I ask it's a long shot.) Anyway, I thought I might as well try and ask, I only risk getting shooed back. Well the nice hostess listened to my request, went away to check, and said she had a couple mini's but not in black, and that was it! Lol! [emoji38] So next time I can just make an inquiry at the entrance first before knowing whether I should stand in line. Is that silly or what?

Now I also understand why none of the other locations had a queue. You are free to enter the store, but there's a formal or informal queue at each department. I think just seeing a line "outside" the store made me interpret that as a wait to even go inside. Doh! Lesson learned and really only 30 minutes wasted. [emoji6]

I feel silly admitting this, but I just figured out the Chanel lines! Standing in a long queue in front of the store at Galeries Lafayette is when I realized I was in line for nothing! I thought you waited just to enter the store and get service. But that line is when you need help with a handbag or purchase. If you're like me and just need to find out if they have a certain item in store, you can go right up to the hostess and ask. I did this today after waiting in line 30 minutes, still not close to entering because each transaction takes forever. I kept thinking it doesn't make sense for me to stand in line just to find out they don't have the one I want! (I'm looking for a black mini flap which is sold out so each time I ask it's a long shot.) Anyway, I thought I might as well try and ask, I only risk getting shooed back. Well the nice hostess listened to my request, went away to check, and said she had a couple mini's but not in black, and that was it! Lol! [emoji38] So next time I can just make an inquiry at the entrance first before knowing whether I should stand in line. Is that silly or what?

Now I also understand why none of the other locations had a queue. You are free to enter the store, but there's a formal or informal queue at each department. I think just seeing a line "outside" the store made me interpret that as a wait to even go inside. Doh! Lesson learned and really only 30 minutes wasted. [emoji6]

I was wondering what that line was for!! Is the stock better there or the chanel on rue cambon? I was looking for a black small quilted boy bag with silver hardware. Rue cambon only had one with gold hardware. Anybody seen one in Paris?

I was wondering what that line was for!! Is the stock better there or the chanel on rue cambon? I was looking for a black small quilted boy bag with silver hardware. Rue cambon only had one with gold hardware. Anybody seen one in Paris?

I tried on that bag! I think if I recall correctly the SA said it only comes in gold for now, or he didn't have it. Either way, might be tough to find. For stock, I prefer Montaigne and Rue Royal stores. [emoji5]️

I tried on that bag! I think if I recall correctly the SA said it only comes in gold for now, or he didn't have it. Either way, might be tough to find. For stock, I prefer Montaigne and Rue Royal stores. [emoji5]️

:smile:. The SA said she had one in stock but could not find it anywhere in the store. :/. I forgot to ask if she could check the other stores for me. Are the montaigne and rue royal stores near the rue cambon store?

:smile:. The SA said she had one in stock but could not find it anywhere in the store. :/. I forgot to ask if she could check the other stores for me. Are the montaigne and rue royal stores near the rue cambon store?

You wouldn't walk to these from Cambon, you'd have to take the metro which is quick. The Rue Royal store, however, is within walking distance of the St. Honore store. [emoji4]

Can someone who's in Paris now ask the SAs if they heard anything about the jumbo beige Claire discontinuing? Thanks!

I asked! After reading about it on tPF I did ask the SA. He didn't confirm it's being discontinued, he only said he hasn't seen it in the Jumbo size for the last 3-4 months in his store, but he's seen the Medium size come in. So not sure if that confirms anything...! [emoji38]

The queue was never ending. I didn't get in. This was everyday, every minute.

IMG_2663.jpg

I don't know ladies. The queue was there from Sept. 3rd to 8th that I left. Anytime you visited there were people waiting. I had seen a similar picture of another tPFer outside Chanel in Italy and I couldn't believe it but now I saw it with my own two eyes.

I don't know ladies. The queue was there from Sept. 3rd to 8th that I left. Anytime you visited there were people waiting. I had seen a similar picture of another tPFer outside Chanel in Italy and I couldn't believe it but now I saw it with my own two eyes.

for those of us who don't know... how does this type of thing work? and why wouldn't you be able to get in? are only X number of people allowed in at a time?? is this common?

Only 10 people in the line? Why couldn't you get in? I find it kind of offensive to make people wait in line in front of the Store. Why don't they just let them in? Can't them wait in the Store for a sale assissant to be ready to serve them?