Chanel patent leather durability as an everyday bag?

1. I’ve now hooked :graucho: my sister on Chanel and she really loves the lambskin and patent leather classic bags. (Doesn’t like the caviar).

I don’t think the lambskin would be the best choice to use as an everyday bag

How do you think a black patent jumbo would hold up as an everyday bag?

I had a black patent Chanel about 5 years ago and it really showed finger prints every time I used it. I wonder if the new ones do too.

Anyhow – really appreciate your thoughts and input.
    Thank you,
  2. I bought a Jumbo patent about 2-3 weeks ago, and I love it. It's the distressed/crackled patent, so it doesn't show fingerprints. I think the crackled patent is only going to be out for this season. I've worn it every day since I've gotten it.:love:
  3. I have a patent chanel classic I recently just purchased and I love it! I would think its fine as an everyday bag, as ans Tammy said, the distressed patent doesnt show fingerprints. I have the nude/blush colour and I would have probably got the black myself as a 2nd choice.
  4. Thank you for your thoughts!
    You gals have some great bags.
    I located a blue patent medium classic, but really want a jumbo.
    I'll go browse the library and drool on any pics that may be in there.
  5. Oh i love patent.. i have some for around 6-7 yrs.. no change what so ever!!!
  6. That great to hear.
    I was so into LV until I found this forum I feel the need for a patent Chanel:graucho:
  7. ^^ Yes Yes Yes!!
  8. This is a question that I've been wondering about as well. I'm considering getting a Diamond Shine Flap (which I guess is also of the patent variety) but am worried about durability as an everyday or semi-everyday (just not evening-exclusive) bag. Any DS Flap owners who could share their experiences with the bag? Is it more durable than the regular (non-DS) patent leather flaps?
  9. Good question Foxy..
    I'm curious about the diamond shine too.
  10. That is very reassuring... I just got a blush patent last week & I want to use it A LOT!
  11. Pinkie ...the Blush Patent is TDF :drool: :drool:
    I hope you really get alot of usage
  12. Thanks Lisa... I'm loving it.. the patent & the soft shade.. ;))