Chanel or LV

1. Hi everyone,
    I have been reading and watching everything on this forum. I cant believe all i have learned.
    I am looking to get a new bag for my anniversary. I am really trying to decided between a Louis Vuitton bag or a chanel? Does anyone recommend one designer over another? I am sure in time i will want both, but the wallet can only support one. I would like to have anyone expert advice!!!
    thanks again
    you are all such a big help:heart:

2. My vote is for Chanel...I love LV as well but think Chanel is more special!

3. i think you will get biased answers in this forum lol

chanel all the way! sure its a little more, but its worth it...and i used to be a total lv fan...now i rarely even look at lv.

4. Chanel!

5. well since you are in the chanel forum!! :p
    CHANEL!
    i've never really been a vuitton girl, handbags wise.
    chanel makes me feel dainty and ladylike :girlsigh:

BUT
    that is just me
    and the people in the chanel forum will probably lean towards chanel. and if you posted on the lv forum people might lean a little towards lv. maybe.

sooo
    i think you should go browse both stores
    take a looksee
    then follow what your heart says :flowers:

6. It depends. What kind of Louis Vuitton bag are we talking about here?

If it's monogram or damier canvas I say Chanel all the way. You can't compare Chanel leather to Louis Vuitton canvas.

However, if you are talking about Suhali or Vernis, or even Epi leather then that's a whole other ball of wax.

7. I think you'll get biased answers by posting here on the Chanel forum! I actually like both - I'm not loyal to any one designer, and I think each have their strengths and weaknesses... I 'm not a huge fan of the big Chanel bags, but I love her flap bags and chain straps. On the other hand, I love the bigger LV totes in everything from the mono canvas to Epi leather. It's such a personal taste thing!

8. Yea, I would have to say Chanel

9. Chanel, although I agree as far as the EPI and other LV leathers are great. However, my vote is with CHANEL. For a first bag the 2.55 or the classic flap is a wonderful choice.

10. thanks for all your help! I will send photos when I decide, i am leaning towards Chanel!!!!

11. Chanel if it's a classic piece, like a cerf tote or a classic flap bag or a shopping tote. If it's something trendier, like the Cambon series, I'd much prefer LV.

12. I love my Louis Vuitton bags but I`m dying to get a Chanel so I would have to lean towards Chanel. :smile:

13. chanel....chanel...

14. chanel....

i love my lv stuff... but after awhile, they get a little blah. not to mention it's pretty common.

but whenever i look at my chanel bag, (not to sound cheesy but...) it's so beautiful it just makes me smile:roflmfao: and i always feel like such a lady carrying it!

15. Chanel...