Chanel on your nails #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to my lovely polish fairy Shayna, I am now the proud owner of Coco Blue. My mani for today ... taa daaa!

picture.php
So pretty on you!

irishlass1029 I saw that you did swatches of Blowing Raspberry. How does that one compare to Suspicious?

Funny you should ask! LOL! Someone else asked me the same thing and here's the nail wheel swatch I did for them. They're not the same ...Suspicious has a tad more pink in it than Blowing Raspberries and a little more "white" in the base. I can't think of the word...Blowing Raspberries has a touch more clarity?

Blowing Raspberries on the left and Suspicious on the right.

548052_10151011576683397_673001327_n.jpg

And here they are again with an orange-based red on the far left and a blue-based red on the far right. They both read "red" unless they're in bright lighting or next to real reds...

532210_10151011625778397_1335211996_n.jpg

Congrats! I just got Lilac Sky myself through a lovely polish fairy (along with 3 of my other lemmings - Coco Blue, Blue Boy and Diwali). Haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping my current mani chips soon so I can work my way through them!:graucho:

I can't wait for it to arrive!

Thanks to my lovely polish fairy Shayna, I am now the proud owner of Coco Blue. My mani for today ... taa daaa!

picture.php
Coco Blue looks stunning on you!

Guess I will be the first to post my mani.

Here is Vertigo. It is ok. I am not as crazy about it as I was for the release.

View attachment 1788558

Love Vertigo on you!

In the bottle, in certain light I could get the red shimmer in Vertigo to show, but on the nail, I only got a cream with a lot of depth. I added Lynnderella Lucky Numbers and got lots of red shimmer and glitter. :smile:

View attachment 1789332

Ooh, this red glitter looks great with Vertigo!

Looks great!!

I tried the look from the Fall 2012 runway and one hand came out good but the other didn't so I took it off lol. I used a stencil and everything and normally I'm pretty good with nail art but this shape was just a struggle for me lol. I get a bit too nit picky with my nails and the other hand was just too sloppy. I used Graphite on the bottom and Essie Haute As Hello on top. This was the hand that came out decent

img1324ne.jpg

Super pretty!

Chanel Mimosa
dsc01669ey.jpg
dsc01673h.jpg

Love Mimosa!

It looks grey/beige to me. Can't wait til it hits UK. Omg 3 days until Chanel Skyline is in my hands!!! Yes I'm getting my 2 bottles the minute they arrive in my fave store. Blue is :love:

So jealous! I have no idea how to get Sky Line in the US. My Nordstrom SA said that it will not be available there and no one else seems to have any clue either. *Sigh*

So I took the plunge and bought my first Chanel off eBay. I got the pretty Lilac Sky for a decent price, hope it arrives quickly!

Ooh, I LOVE Lilac Sky! It's one of my favorite Chanels! Hope that you love it too!

picture.php

Gorgeous!

K - I can't wait! I think I picked up too many EvilBay scores lately... Trapeze arrived, waiting for Nouvelle Vague, Madness.. I did win some more tonight.. Okay 3 more! :giggles:

Debi- Skyline is what I've been waiting for since I pinned it months ago! Hehe. Bottle spams & manicures hopefully this weekend! Have polish fairies who can pick up my pretties along with diors

kristin.xo said:
Omg so exciting!!! :woot: I haven't heard anything about it here though! :sad:

debbah said:
OMG ... I can't believe you're getting Skyline. No one here in the US has heard ANYTHING about it! I hope it is not going to be an EU-only release! Please post pics as soon as you get it - I am dying to see it! ;)

So pretty on you!

It looks lovely!!

I can't wait for it to arrive!

Coco Blue looks stunning on you!

Love Vertigo on you!

Ooh, this red glitter looks great with Vertigo!

Looks great!!

Super pretty!

Love Mimosa!

So jealous! I have no idea how to get Sky Line in the US. My Nordstrom SA said that it will not be available there and no one else seems to have any clue either. *Sigh*

Ooh, I LOVE Lilac Sky! It's one of my favorite Chanels! Hope that you love it too!

Gorgeous!

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I was just so excited as I had been lemming Coco Blue ever since I was first introduced to Chanel polish 7 months ago! I knew you guys would understand - this board is just the BEST!

debbah said:
Thank you all for your lovely comments! I was just so excited as I had been lemming Coco Blue ever since I was first introduced to Chanel polish 7 months ago! I knew you guys would understand - this board is just the BEST!

Hehehee you know I love Coco Blue & my fairy passed it to my other fairy who will ship them to me soon! Bc that fairy is waiting on some more pretties to make it a haul :giggles:

Can't wait til you wear the others!

I shared this in the blue thread, but I just love how my first attempt at gradient nails turned out.

IMAG0205.jpg

I used Blue Boy on the tips, Coco Blue on the body and Butter London Knackered on top. My nails look like little opals - I love it!

Funny you should ask! LOL! Someone else asked me the same thing and here's the nail wheel swatch I did for them. They're not the same ...Suspicious has a tad more pink in it than Blowing Raspberries and a little more "white" in the base. I can't think of the word...Blowing Raspberries has a touch more clarity?

Thank you so much. You're the best!
I have to say though that to me they look pretty similar. At least enough, that I think I can pass on Suspicious :smile:

Last edited:
marthastoo said:
I shared this in the blue thread, but I just love how my first attempt at gradient nails turned out.

I used Blue Boy on the tips, Coco Blue on the body and Butter London Knackered on top. My nails look like little opals - I love it!

That is stunning!

jimmyshoogirl said:
Guess I will be the first to post my mani.

Here is Vertigo. It is ok. I am not as crazy about it as I was for the release.
Love it on you! I agree maybe you'll feel more like it in fall.

jadecee said:
In the bottle, in certain light I could get the red shimmer in Vertigo to show, but on the nail, I only got a cream with a lot of depth. I added Lynnderella Lucky Numbers and got lots of red shimmer and glitter. :smile:
Very nice!

RS1972 said:
I really like Frenzy! :smile:
That looks gorgeous on you!

Lady Stardust said:
I tried the look from the Fall 2012 runway and one hand came out good but the other didn't so I took it off lol. I used a stencil and everything and normally I'm pretty good with nail art but this shape was just a struggle for me lol. I get a bit too nit picky with my nails and the other hand was just too sloppy. I used Graphite on the bottom and Essie Haute As Hello on top. This was the hand that came out decent
Very nice. I still have yet to try this myself, but I'm going to try...

inhisboxers said:
It looks grey/beige to me. Can't wait til it hits UK. Omg 3 days until Chanel Skyline is in my hands!!! Yes I'm getting my 2 bottles the minute they arrive in my fave store. Blue is :love:
Really looking forward to pics from you! There's hardly any info on the web about it. Can't wait to see it & hear what the formula is like.

Sarabear said:
I finally got Diwali yesterday from rue Cambon! It's so pretty, I love it :smile:
Does anyone know if the Fall collection is put in Ireland yet? Or when it will be? I'd love to get Vertigo and Frenzy before I return home! I'm loving everyone's swatches as well! Making me want them even more!!
Congrats on Diwali & what a location to purchase it from! Very special :smile:

Ulenceto said:
Chanel Mimosa
I love Mimosa & it looks stunning on you.

debbah said:
That's so pretty on you! Enjoy :smile:

marthastoo said:

Very nice! I should try a gradient mani one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.