Chanel on sale- Peggy from Nordstrom List.

Descend like Vultures? Are you kidding me......that sounds so grotesque.....we at the TPF do not descend like vultures anywhere, do we ladies.......we, very graciously and elegantly arrive at our destination, cc in hand and get what we want.....but, to picture us as vultures descending on our prey or on SA's.....you have got to be kidding me....We so not do that at TPF:nogood::girlsigh::heart:H

Hey, change of subject...did you all see the virtual trunk show posted earlier this evening? That ought to lighten everyone's moods!!

(Can you tell I'm a middle child - LOL) - M

Hey, change of subject...did you all see the virtual trunk show posted earlier this evening? That ought to lighten everyone's moods!!

(Can you tell I'm a middle child - LOL) - M

I soooo want a bright coloured shoulder bag:girlsigh:. Like a bright blue or vibrant purple. Not in the classic style...

You know, I used to work at Nordstrom and the people in handbags at my store LOVED the purse forum. They thought it was the best thing since.. oh, purses! :biggrin: I had SAs tell me how happy they were when their info was posted up here because it gave them a chance to meet so many different customers, not to mention SELL more. Which is the main prerogative of a Nordstrom SA- contrary to popular opinion, it is not always about the customer. Especially since their sales have been dropping (this is intel from corporate) and they have been honing their sales strategies to try to counter this economic trend.

Overwhelming or not, I have no doubt that the SAs appreciate what we do here. It would be simply baffling to think that they would pass on the potential business they could get via being posted about on tPF because they felt "overwhelmed".

This is good insight from a former employee. I'm sure Peggy is very happy we're here and passing along her name to others. Her surprise was at how many of us are here when the volume of emails for the lookbooks started to trickle in. I don't know why her surprise/unexpected reaction was construed as a negative statment that turned into the word burden. tPF is a huge site, and not many s/a's are aware of that. So in keeping with the original conversation, it comes down to the matter of how to "cater to" the preferred level customers while still serving the mainstream of customers. As a level 2 cardholder, I expect certain perks the random customer isn't offered because I've earned it, and one of those perks is being able to presale bags before they are offered to the general public of customers. I'm sure any of Nordstrom's level 2 or 3 customers in any department, whether it be purses or RTW or shoes would want the same level of service.

I am from the Philippines and there is no Chanel here but really been lusting over it... help??? have yet to purchase my 1st Chanel bag. how do I do this??

Maybe if you have a kamaganak here in the US that will be visiting the Philippines soon, you can ask a Chanel as a pasalubong?:smile:

Or maybe... just make it padala back home:smile:

What's the problem with lookbooks? Especially since Chanel doesn't have a website that lists all the items available for that season.

Again it just helps out the people who don't have a large dept store near them.

Gosh, If I worked in retail I would constantly email whats available. I would guess a majority of their sales come from the people on this website.

probably OT but...
Yeah what is the problem with the lookbook? for some of us who are not very close to a chanel boutique and not having a catalog is a pain the you know what. i guess that's why i have bought louis vuitton for so long bc i could look at pics/specs call and the saks in NO would ship free to me. I LOVE LOVE chanel but their website is a nightmare to me. it's a good thing I have found this forum bc now you ladys are sharing a wealth of information that otherwise I'd never be able to attain.