chanel newbie! help me decide!

i am looking for a classic bag! not too oldish - i'm 23! so something that looks young.. and I'm really interested in the flap bag... something i can take on a night out or dinner...

I'm a newbie as well. I'm thinking of getting a flap bag. Maybe an east-west or a classic. The reissue is great but a bit too pricey for me. I wonder which color would be the nicest. Nothing too faddish, i hope. I want a color that's going to last. Black should be timeless but a bit boring, don't you think?

I love classic colors and get something that you can use a lot. Black is always classic and can be dressed up or down. I have white. Maybe red if you're a little spicy.

OH, if you can, go to the store and try on the diamond shine flap bag in black. i just got one and it is absolutely GORGEOUS!! the leather is caviar but its coated to look shiny (not as shiny as patent) and the size is just perfect. i'm a bit young (19) but it doesnt look "oldish" at all. it's classic enough that i can see myself using it forever but also different and interesting where i won't get bored or think that it looks too old on me.

please please go and try it on! its gorgeous!!! i swear!

There's so many other flaps other than Classic and Reissue.
You're young and you say you don't want anything too mature, look at the Modern Chain Flap, Luxe Flap and some of the other fun ones, there's lots of novelty flaps as well!