Chanel line Fall 2007 makeup

1. Anyone getting anything from this line? The trio of lipgloss looks so pretty. I noticed its already gone from Nordstroms

2. Oooooooooh, thanks for posting! I just checked it out on Neiman's website (they have the lipgloss trio in stock, btw). I like the Sequoia quad eyeshadow and some of the new colors in the Rouge Hydrabase. I'll be looking forward to seeing them in person. More and more, I find myself just purchasing Chanel makeup.

3. I like the Garden Party eye quad but everything else is just meh to me. I don't like the smell of the hydrabase l/s's so I'm going to pass on those. The rest of the l/s's are too sparkly for me.

4. I have not seen the new line yet. Does anyone have pictures? I will search on Sephora right now.

5. Oh the Garden Party quad is a definate yes for me. Second to Dior, Chanel's eye colour pigment is one of the best IMHO.

6. I've heard lots of great things about the Narcisse blush

7. ITA with Stinky...love the garden party quad!

[​IMG]

8. I love Chanel blushes and eyeshadows. I also bought the mini brush set. I love the small brush sizes...they fit perfectly in my make-up bag.

9. Oooh I am going to Nordstroms tonight...I will have to take a peek!

10. Did you get to check this out? I was wondering what the lipgloss trio looked like in person, thanks!

11. I was at my local Macy's late this afternoon for a "Christmas in July" event. There was an African-American Santa there in shorts and flip-flops, and he was very cute, but the X-mas music was more than annoying! My 14-yo DD and I had our makeup done at the Chanel counter. I purchased the new Garden Party eyeshadow quad, a forest green Kohl eyepencil, and the lipgloss trio. I would have also bought an eyebrow pencil and the Chanel eyebrow/eyelash brush, but they were out of stock. The azalea all-over face powder is really nice, too!

I'll have to play around with the Garden Party to get comfortable with it. Right now, it looks just a big too heavy and smoky for me, but my daughter keeps telling me I should stop worrying over it.

12. Can anyone tell me if these colours look good on certain skin shade/colour? I am asking because one of the shades for eye shadow does look to red for someone with pale skin. It could look like you were crying. Do you agree?

13. I have very pale skin, and my favorite Chanel SA worked her magic on me with the fall line.
    of everything, the Garden Party is THE BEST quad I've ever tried! One of the glossimers was amazing, but I can't remember the name! It was reddish/pink.

I only bought the quad, though.

OH, that transluscent/luminescent powder is AMAZING.

My empty wallet is the only thing that stopped me from buying everything.

14. :biggrin: I bought the sequoia quad..but so far I haven't found a way to use it...(i don't really know how to put on makeup), but it's gorgeous!

15. I bought the Garden Party, and this is what the makeup artist did on me:
    The light shade went all over the eyelid, from lash line to browbone.
    The aqua shade went in a sideways "V" shape at the outer edge of the eye, so it comes in about 1/3 of the way towards the nose. You can bring it in closer to the nose on the bottom "leg" of the "V," making sure that it is much softer and lighter as you go towards the inner corner of the eye.
    Then, she smudged the darker green into and above the crease, again about 1/3 of the way from the outer edge of the eye towards the nose.
    BUFF AND BLEND!
    Finally, she took the pinky highlighter shade and drew the palest line underneath my eyebrow, from the center of the arch outward. I was still thinking that the color was too dark green, so she took that pinky highlighter shade and dabbed just a bit of it on the center of my eyelid.

She also showed me a trick with the eyepencil that I thought was cool. Instead of drawing it on like a crayon, she sharpened it and then wiped the color onto a tiny lining brush. Then she used the brush to apply the liner to my upper and lower lid, right close to the lashline and only about 1/3 of the way in on the bottom. The effect was much softer than using the color straight from the pencil.

The whole look was rather "evening" -- but I have the feeling that I will be able to play around with it and lighten it up for daytime.

How about the rest of you? I'd LOVE to read your suggestions!

FYI: I am 47 years young, with light (not porcelain, just light) freckled skin, hazel eyes, and medium-to-short length curly reddish/brown (colored) hair.