Chanel Kelly?

1. Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this forum for a while thinking about getting my first Chanel. :girlsigh:
    I was looking for a Chanel Kelly for my first and am waiting until they get some in stock. (when I went to Chanel and NM last weekend they were out.) I don't know a lot about Chanel and I just wanted to ask the experts a few questions...
    Is caviar leather the more durable leather than other kinds? I don't want to have to worry about scratches too much.
    Do you think the Kelly could only be used for dressy occasions or do you think you could dress it down a little as well?
    Thank you for any info/suggestions! :flowers: :flowers:

2. Caviar is the durable leather..... I think the kelly COULD be dressed down (it would look preppy)

3. I've never seen a Chanel Kelly :sad: . . . caviar is Chanel's most durable leather.

4. Here is my Chanel Kelly in caviar (next to a jumbo navy classic flap). You can dress it up but it is a really cute bag to wear with jeans (dress down) casual. Whatever you would use an Hermes Kelly with ... similar style (hence the name).

Chanel kelly.jpg

5. Cute!

6. That Chanel Kelly is gorgeous Goldensx!

7. Cute.

8. That is a great looking bag!!

9. That's a hot looking bag. Would you mind telling me the price of that Kelly? Thanks.

10. That Kelly is so cute!

11. So cute.

12. Those Chanel Kellys are really nice looking bags. I saw one a couple of weeks ago at Saks in Atlanta.

I have a caviar bag (Cerf) and a lambskin bag (small flap). The caviar is very durable and I have no worries when I use that bag. If it gets a little wet I just wipe it off with a soft cloth. The lambskin bag is so delicate that I am afraid to use it so that bag has never left the box, (well only once to take a picture).

13. Thank you all so much for the info! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Goldens, thanks for the picture! :girlsigh:

14. Thanks Diana! :flowers: