Chanel Kelly Thread

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
Hi ladies, i tried doing a forum search to get info but couldn't find any specifics.

i've seen the pics on the picture thread and think the quilting adds a special oompf to the kelly shape. i'd love to see another closeup picture if possible.

To those who own:
  • how big (how much can fit)
  • price
  • is it available at retail stores or does it need to be ordered
  • colors other than black.
I appreciate the info!! Thanks!

Hi,

I am new to this wonderful forum. I have two Kellys, the brown and the black. I think that the size is a bit smaller than the large classic flap. I purchased both from Bergdorf Goodman in NYC which has a beige and a black on display. The price was $1520 before tax.

Hope this helps!

I have the large Chanel Kelly in black caviar (price was 1595.). It is just about the same size as a jumbo caviar classic flap but ofcourse wider on the sides. It fits my pochette, long wallet, checkbook, cell, sunglasses, keys, etc... It's a very nice classic bag.

There are two type of chanel kelly. Each of type has large and small one. Although I have one, I also like the bag of Nicky.:love:

Attachments

• chanel hand bag gonmery-img600x450-1107690403cimg1011.jpg
    chanel hand bag gonmery-img600x450-1107690403cimg1011.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 8,994
  • chanel handbag 34579628-1.jpg
    chanel handbag 34579628-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6,504
  • rodeo_009.jpg
    rodeo_009.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 9,562
  • img02761944.jpg
    img02761944.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9,840
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this forum for a while thinking about getting my first Chanel. :girlsigh:
I was looking for a Chanel Kelly for my first and am waiting until they get some in stock. (when I went to Chanel and NM last weekend they were out.) I don't know a lot about Chanel and I just wanted to ask the experts a few questions...
Is caviar leather the more durable leather than other kinds? I don't want to have to worry about scratches too much.
Do you think the Kelly could only be used for dressy occasions or do you think you could dress it down a little as well?
Thank you for any info/suggestions! :flowers: :flowers:

Here is my Chanel Kelly in caviar (next to a jumbo navy classic flap). You can dress it up but it is a really cute bag to wear with jeans (dress down) casual. Whatever you would use an Hermes Kelly with ... similar style (hence the name).

Chanel kelly.jpg