Chanel judges their shoppers through appearances? Fact or Fiction?

Chanel judges their shoppers through appearances? Fact or Fiction?

1. Fact, this is soo true!

2. Fiction, nooo, this is not true at all!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I don’t know if this is true. My Mom’s friend told me that boutiques such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc. don’t sell everything to their customers easily. They look at the shopper’s appearance first before allowing them to buy something. Is this a fact or a fiction?
  2. I think it really depends on the s/a. Whenever I've gone into the Boston LV boutique at the Copley I've always been treated very well regardless of what I'm wearing. NM Boston also has great, non-judgmental s/a's in their Chanel boutique and handbags department in general.

If the s/a wants to make commission she shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
  3. I just had this experience at Chanel in Munich but not in any other highend desiger store.
    The SAs at Chanel here are notorious for their arrogant behaviour even other Chanel stores from other cities know about their reputation.
    I don't bother with them anymore as order via phone from nicer Chanel stores.
  4. I think it largely depends on the SA. Hermes is notorious for this, but I don't think it's as prevelant in other brands. I was in Chanel in yoga clothing the other day and the service was fantastic.
  5. I think it depends..
    but sadly, i found that all of those rude SAs work for Chanel.LOL!
    i dunno why, maybe because i am small and look so young (people always told me that Im bf always joked and said that he was a pedophile to date a 12 year old girl!LOL)..but even Hermes SA, never treat me as bad as Chanel ones!
    and i dress well enough IMO..:shrugs:
    That's why sometimes i prefer buy via phone.hehe..
  6. yeah it depends on the SA, i usually don't dress up to go shopping (hoodies and jeans) and if i get ignored, i'll just come back when a nice SA is around
  7. like everyone else has stated, it depends. at boston LV i've been ignored several times. at amsterdam chanel i was asked if i needed any help, but they wouldn't let me touch any of the bags (is this normal? lol). but i've had wonderful experiences at other LV and gucci and i wasn't dressed up much either.
  8. I have a guy friend who went into the Chanel in NYC dressed like a total slob. He said the lady there was very nice and helpful.
  9. I think it's kinda rude for them to judge the shoppers by their appearances. I heart Chanel and Louis Vuitton, but I know I don't get really dressed up to go shopping. If I'm gonna be trying a lot of stuff on, I usually wear casual clothes like a hoodie and jeans. They shouldn't judge, because people can be very rich (meaning willing to spend money in the store) and not look like they are.
  10. I have to admit that I'm influenced by people's appearances even though I do my best not to let it affect my judgement. It's really difficult for anyone, let alone SAs whose paycheck depends on making a sale, to not make assumptions through first impressions. I definitely agree that SAs will sometimes base their "sales pitch" on a potential customer's demeanor since they don't want to waste time on someone who doesn't appear as though they would be able to afford the product. It's the genuinely professional SAs who remain friendly to every single person that walks in the store. This is why I personally will not work with SAs who have slighted me in the past, due to the quality (or lack thereof) of my outfit.
  11. It happens everywhere, not just Chanel.
  12. I guess every where in this world..they are bound to have ppl doing just that.

Afterall..if u feel that SA give u this treatment..dun buy from her

Now, u hv sis told me ...this lady went into gucci boutique in Europe & received a "..u probably can't afford this bag..look" from this European SA.. really pissed her off...she went off and came again but insisting another filippino to serve her instead. Guess what...she bght tons of it...
  13. I am also a filipino and I don't know.. Sometimes even in second hand shops, I don't feel comfortable with the way SA's would treat me.. I went into a Louis Vuitton boutique once, and no one even bothered to entertain me! Darn! Too bad! I was supposed to buy a handbag on that day but it turned me off!
  14. The minute you walk in the door they have to acknowledge you as a potential customer and they should treat you like one, no matter what you wear.

Just remember, you are the VIP here :queen: not the SA.

15. Sad but it is true in HK. While holidaying there..dun like it there.. cos of the air pollution.:sad: felt ill