Chanel jackets or Hermes Birkin?

You have both, just shop smart! The first investment I would make would be the Birkin because ( depending of your lifestyle) you can wear it much more often then the Chanel jacket (if you wore it everyday of the week, it wouldn't be weird). I got my first Birkin about a year ago and recently got my second, it's a great status bag, plus it's very handy for carrying things. When you go to buy your Chanel jacket, if you can, I would buy it from a consignment/resale store, this way you have a beautiful Chanel jacket at half the price!

You have both, just shop smart! The first investment I would make would be the Birkin because ( depending of your lifestyle) you can wear it much more often then the Chanel jacket (if you wore it everyday of the week, it wouldn't be weird). I got my first Birkin about a year ago and recently got my second, it's a great status bag, plus it's very handy for carrying things. When you go to buy your Chanel jacket, if you can, I would buy it from a consignment/resale store, this way you have a beautiful Chanel jacket at half the price!

Definitely I'll be buying it consignment/resale shop. So far I haven't seen any good ones in my size and the fairly decent ones are too expensive and not worth it at the moment. Plus the weather will be getting hotter now it's spring going into summer. I guess it's a good thing otherwise I'll have an even more hard time deciding. I'm holding off the jackets for now.

Definitely I'll be buying it consignment/resale shop. So far I haven't seen any good ones in my size and the fairly decent ones are too expensive and not worth it at the moment. Plus the weather will be getting hotter now it's spring going into summer. I guess it's a good thing otherwise I'll have an even more hard time deciding. I'm holding off the jackets for now.
if you're going to go the consignment route try Karma Couture. I've purchased from them before and everything I've gotten has been authentic. www.shopkarma.com

I am a Chanel die hard, but I'd get the Birkin first (probably because I don't have one of those yet), and as someone said, bags always "fit" whereas you can grow out of clothes :smile:

the bag first.

chanel jackets are gorgeous but no matter how classic they are, they will still look dated. i'm old enough to remember how some supposed classic chanel jackets that looked so good 15 years ago looking rather.. not so covetable now.

also will i be the same size in say 10 years time?