Chanel in Japan!

We went to shinsaibashi in Osaka and they would not sell us anything that was on display. At all.
I am so sorry you had to go through this experience! Was told the same yesterday when I visited the store, and when i pointed out to the mini 2.55 - the SA surprisingly said i could purchase the bag. It looked like they’re very selective towards which ones that they could sell to tourists and my experience was only for bags as I did not ask for any SLGs, shoes or ready to wear though …

Think experiences may vary across stores depending which SAs you encountered. I’ve been reading reviews that SAs at Chanel Omotesando are by far the most arrogant ones towards tourists and would not sell display bags to tourists however, i’ve experienced the opposite and the SA that attended to me was the nicest. Just too bad that the bags she’s offering were not the ones i was after!

From customer experience, I always choose to act with dignity - no matter how cheap or desirable the item is, if i get a crappy attitude from SAs I wont make that sale at all and I wont ever let them make that commission. I will try other stores instead.

I wish you all the best!

Reactions: lunabear101
Is it true that Chanel in Tokyo only sell their gate no5 dad sandals in full sizes and have no half sizes?

Been asking around about 3 stores now and their sales associates all said that they only stock them in full sizes. Not sure how true it is?

I saw plenty of Chanel mini 22s on ‘display’ and they were not for sale. They won’t allow even try-ons. I thought it was a bit too good to be true when they were so many hanging around, but it also means they have plenty of stock to sell to whoever customers at their discretion 😆

Anyone have any experience shopping at the Haneda Airport boutique? How is their selection?
I was there twice in the same week earlier this year and saw several different bags both times with some really hard to find seasonal styles & colors. I think you have to be lucky that they have something you like. The sales associates couldn't have been nicer and they packed my bag with a lovely catalogue from the collection it came from.

I was there twice in the same week earlier this year and saw several different bags both times with some really hard to find seasonal styles & colors. I think you have to be lucky that they have something you like. The sales associates couldn't have been nicer and they packed my bag with a lovely catalogue from the collection it came from.
Glad to know you had a good experience! I'll definitely check it out and hopefully I'll get lucky :smile:

Today I went to Chanel boutique inside Isetan Shinjyuku Tokyo and purchased a classic mini flap in light pink for 24S. Sa was so nice and helpful. They had limited inventory since the store isn’t that big but they had plenty of seasonal items from 24c and 24s I think. I also got tax refund. FYI classic mini flap was $4700 after tax refund, which I found awsome. I know it’s 4900 before tax in the us.

I am Japanese and fluent in the language and my husband is white but I don’t think race matters. Sa told me in the end I can’t make another purchase within 30 days. I’m not sure if the policy applies only for classics.

I think Sa did notice that we were tourists even though I am Japanese. They want to sell so who to sell does not matter.

Today I went to Chanel boutique inside Isetan Shinjyuku Tokyo and purchased a classic mini flap in light pink for 24S. Sa was so nice and helpful. They had limited inventory since the store isn’t that big but they had plenty of seasonal items from 24c and 24s I think. I also got tax refund. FYI classic mini flap was $4700 after tax refund, which I found awsome. I know it’s 4900 before tax in the us.

I am Japanese and fluent in the language and my husband is white but I don’t think race matters. Sa told me in the end I can’t make another purchase within 30 days. I’m not sure if the policy applies only for classics.

I think Sa did notice that we were tourists even though I am Japanese. They want to sell so who to sell does not matter.
I think it was just inconsistency we've found across the Japan Chanel SAs who told some of the TPFers here that they were able to make the purchase whilst others were not, especially for display pieces. As majority of us (as tourists) here might've a language barrier to cross as our first hurdle, I understand at the end of the day - it might've come as a not-so-nice experience if we're denied to make purchases whilst knowing others were able to at the same time at the store.

I still vividly remember when I was waiting for my payment at Chanel Shinsaibashi (though in the end, they told me I couldn't make another bag purchase and my CC charge was refunded) - one lady next to me looked a bit frustrated and asked for something along this line to the apologetic SA "So which bags that you could offer me to purchase?"

Having said the above, it definitely felt great if you could score something from your wishlist and saved some $$$ from the weak JPY and paid it at the JP tax-free price.

Last edited: