Chanel Handbag 1976

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Way back in 1976 I received this lovely Chanel bag as a gift by my then-husband. I've lately been trying to research its value, and I know it's authentic because way-back-when I had the original store receipt. I must have also had a registration card but over the years and many household moves it disappeared.

I don't see a registration number inside it, and I know it's authentic, but is there another way to prove authenticity if I were to sell it? Also curious to know about the style; I don't see anything like it with the vertical stitching.

Thanks for the help!

Chanel Bag 1 copy.jpg
  2. I notice that there is a chanel stamp on the top left of the closure, This can help prove authenticity if there is any doubt, also good pictures of the interior of the bag along with the "Made in ......" and Chanel trademark stamp. Also the underside of the lock with the Chanel trademark will help. As for the vertical stitching I know that the Mademoiselle Ligne had vertical stitching. If you want to get it valued in order to sell it I would look at similar black lambskin vintage flaps on eBay to get an idea on value.

3. Please postin the CHANEL AUTH THIS thread in the CHANEL FORUM!
    TIA!
    JILL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.