Chanel for Beginners

1. I really want my next bag purchase to be a Chanel, but I'm not familiar with their styles and since they're not sold online and I can't get to the malls around here that often to browse I was wondering what you guys would suggest for beginners. . .? Keep in mind I'm in college but at the same time I'm impatient and I really want one soon. Pictures if you can please. Thanks guys!

2. I really want my next bag purchase to be a Chanel, but I'm not familiar with their styles and since they're not sold online and I can't get to the malls around here that often I was wondering what you guys would suggest for beginners. . .?

I know Chanel overall doesnt sell for cheap, but I cant help that I want one, and I dont want one off eBay, I'm too skeptical of their authenticity.

Keep in mind I'm in college but at the same time I'm impatient and I really want one soon. Pictures if you can please. Thanks guys!

3. They generally all have the same look (quilted look) and I saw a girl with a small tote, I thought it was adorable. I'm going to try and find some pictures of what I like the most. . .

Here's a picture of pursemama's Chanel -

[​IMG]

It looks almost like the one I saw the girl wearing. Nice and simple.

4. who has been deleting my posts and not telling me?

5. Weird. Before it disappeared it wouldn't let me quote you either, I tried a couple times too.

6. Yeah, this "over-moderation" thing is getting very annoying. I'm trying to find out who is a moderator and online right now.

Anyway, TO GET BACK ON TOPIC, I was gonna say, yeah find a photo of a bag you like. The small ones are cute. Do you have a Saks anywhere near you? They carry Chanel, the one here in NYC has half a floor of them.

7. Yeah, the board's getting spammed like crazy, makes me not want to be around what with all the trouble making going on.

I used the store locator and yes there is a Saks in town. Swanky also told me Lord & Taylors sell some. Okay, let me see about more pictures. . .

[​IMG]

Although I dont expect that to be inexpensive, I love that style. Small, but not too small with lots of pockets.

8. 1. it's not like there's some rule that we have to tell you.

2. with all the spam lately, we're trying to cut down on board drama, so if it seems to us like you're starting drama, we're going to delete it until things go back to normal. i don't know what your post said because i didn't see it before it was deleted, but we're trying out best to get things back to normal, so bear with us for a while.

9. Uhh, it would be NICE as a common courtesy, seeing as it was part of a normal conversation. Isn't that what you are preaching here, common courtesy and respect?

On other well-moderated boards, you will at least get the courtesy of a PM as to why your post gets deleted, and even then after getting a warning of some sort.

Ok, so you're actually deleting my posts without even bothering to read them. Niiiice.

I think there needs to be a small moderator overhaul here.

10. abandoned - how about a tote? I think as a first chanel, it would be nice to have something that can go over your shoulder. You'll get so much use out of it!

Good luck with your decision!

11. Abandoned... I think anything in the Cambon line is a 'fun' (a bit sportier look) choice. That reporter bag is 'really' nice. There is another thread on here that shows many of the Cambon styles. I've seen many first timers also start off with getting a classic flapover as most can be dressed it up or down. Good luck with your choice.

12. Thanks addicted! I was actually considering that after I saw pursegals thread on her new Chanel! Very pretty!

13. Thanks Golden, I'm horrible with names, so I'll try and find more on the Cambon line and some older threads on here to help me out.

PS. Saw the pictures you took of your collection [http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/ligne-cambon-messenger-bag-10872.html] - beautiful!

14. I just bought my first Chanel and the pic of it is my avatar. I LOVE it! It is roomy and has a really cute shape (in my opinion!). I looked at the classic flap but I wouldn't use it every day...a little too dressy and "flashy" for my lifestyle (still a student looking for a full-time job)...I do love it though...don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to own one some day and hopefully I will. But for now, the one I bought serves its purpose.

I didn't know what bag I wanted until I went to the boutique and tried them on. I like my bags to be hand-held, so I didn't like the tote. It just depends on your style and preference.

15. each moderator has deleted dozens upon dozens of posts and threads in the past 12 hours, it's simply not feasible to PM someone every time a post is deleted because of what has been going on lately. yours got caught in the mellieu, and if you'd like to know what the problem was, i suggest you PM the mods (there's only 5 of us, you can just list us in the PM send box) and ask us about it.

now, if you had been paying attention, you'd know that i'm not the one that deleted it, which is why i don't know what it said. i'm sure the mod that deleted it read it thoroughly, though about it, and had good reason.

if you wish to not be respectful and understanding of the problems we're trying to straighten out, you're welcome to stop posting until they're taken care of, lest one of your posts (shock, horror), be deleted.