CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Can someone help me find a BLACK studded Classic Flap from the 2014 Paris-Dallas collection? I found one on eBay, but the shipping is all the way from the UK (I live in the States), which kinda makes me anxious! I would love if someone could pm me if he or she happens to come across one!

I talked to a SA yesterday at the Chanel CDG boutique. She didnt know what a reissue was and refferd to the classic flap as the timeless something.. is that normal ? There are french words for each bag? This is confusing I thought classic flap and reissue were their "universal" name like a birkin, a neverfull or a city.

I talked to a SA yesterday at the Chanel CDG boutique. She didnt know what a reissue was and refferd to the classic flap as the timeless something.. is that normal ? There are french words for each bag? This is confusing I thought classic flap and reissue were their "universal" name like a birkin, a neverfull or a city.

In Europe I've never heard SA called 2.55 as reissues

They are simply referred by SAs as 2.55

Also they don't use 224, 225 and 226 (used long time ago and somehow still used here) and referred to them as mini (or small?) ,medium & jumbo

Reactions: SweetDaisy05

Also they don't use 224, 225 and 226 (used long time ago and somehow still used here) and referred to them as mini (or small?) ,medium & jumbo

Man I learn something new every day!! So interesting!! I don't even think some SA's in the dept stores refer to them by the 224, 225, etc.

Man I learn something new every day!! So interesting!! I don't even think some SA's in the dept stores refer to them by the 224, 225, etc.
None of the SA's I've worked with in different dept stores are familiar with this as well. I get a puzzled reaction. One of them told me that they don't refer to the sizes that way. They just respond with a price which confirms the size I'm inquiring about.

I lived in France for a decade -I was not that into chanel or handbags in general then (a broke student :smartass:)- and it's true that I heard a lot about 2.55 (deux-cinquantecinq) but I thought it was the name for any flap.
Thanks calflu!

Hi everyone! Thinking of adding another Chanel to my collection next year (when I make a trip to Europe), interested in the extra mini and I'm wondering is it easily available? Are they available almost every season or does Chanel rarely ever make them? TIA :smile:

Reactions: ravestijn

None of the SA's I've worked with in different dept stores are familiar with this as well. I get a puzzled reaction. One of them told me that they don't refer to the sizes that way. They just respond with a price which confirms the size I'm inquiring about.

They were really old references so only old SAs know them

Turn over at some dept stores are so fast (I lost 2 recently [emoji38]) so I don't think SAs all recognize them!!