Chanel CHANEL LUMIÈRE D'ARTIFICES metallic eyeshadow?

1. New in their 2007 line, sold out completely. Has anyone got their hands on some? I heard it is like sequins on your eyes? Not sure if it's worth $95 recently sold on eBay. Anyone have any feedback??

2. i ordered one from Nordstrom.com (the only place i could find one) last night and the website says that they are still available. i played around with one of the testers the other day at bloomingdales and it is gorgeous. it absolutely glows. i paid about $86 after tax and shipping from Nordies. i think it will be worth every cent

3. yer i usually splash out on makeup however i think $90 for an EYESHADOW is pushing the boat out a little too far!
    fair enough if you have the money, i cant particulary afford to spend around £40 on eyeshadow but i envy those who can!

4. I went ahead and ordered it myself from Nordstroms. I usually don't spend that much on eye-shadow, but something possessed me to buy it. I can't wait to try it.

5. i feel the same way... it was a total splurge, but i feel ok about it. i have been on a mission trying to get my hands on one for the past 3 weeks, so i decided that since it's been on my mind for so long that it was ok to purchase. i don't really know the best way to wear it, so my next move is to go to a chanel counter this week and have someone do my eyes with it, and maybe recommend a glossimer to go with (ok, now i'm being bad, lol)

6. I love the Chanel eyeshadows I have quite a few. I find that it is expensive but they really do have some beautiful shades some of the best on the market! I think that it is okay to splurge once in a while, especially on something as beautiful as this!

7. I saw it in a magazine, something about the special mold they had made to cast these.

[​IMG]

8. I went ahead and purchased it also. Cannot wait to get it!! I thought heck if I didn't like it i'll just sell it on eBay, since it will be a sold out item. Let me know your thoughts when you guys get it!

9. ^ I feel the exact same way. Actually, in this month's Glamour, there was a whole piece on gold eyeshadow and it featured the Lumiere D'Artifices! It showed a few cool ways to mix the shades. Gemma Ward was one of the examples.

10. i love it!!! very shimmery. not very bright/impactful (is that a word, i'm tired) color, but it looks great under the light. i've seen it for 65 and 68 but i got it on the chanel website a week ago for 75. the booklet with the shadow shows ways to apply it and they're all great. i didn't find it very effective as a "smoky eye" look bc the colors aren't bold (on me anyhow), but with eyeliner it was cute. love it, hope y'all do too.

11. Is it sold out or something? I just bought mine and am considering sending it back. I haven't tried it yet. It just reminds me of the standard metallic eyeshadow though. I'd love to hear reviews. Thanks!

12. I love that eyeshadow, but it is not available in the UK and it would definately cost more than $75 for it to send over. I thought about getting it on eBay, but I doubt I would use it, coz I wouldnt wana ruin it, maybe its best for me to save a few pounds for other things. :smile:

However, if I live in the US, I would definately get it!!

13. I think its a bit expensive. On the Chanel website it says 75 or 77 but its out of stock. It seems very small and to me not worth it.

14. I tried it on at the chanel counter a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't justify spending that much money. It is beautifully packaged, but that's all. I have plenty of silver and black shadows that do the same. If money were no object I would just buy it and never use it!

15. mine just came in the mail!! it is literally the most beautiful makeup i have ever seen. the packaging is gorgeous (the edges of the box are the colors of the shadows and they are textured and shimmering accordingly). it's almost too gorgeous to use! the little booklet that comes with it for ways to wear the colors is completely useless, but other than that, this is worth the hype and money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]