Chanel Cambon Tote authenticity tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefyp

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
Hello and thanx since now for your help!:smile:
I'm completely new to Chanel and i'm in love with the Cambon line.:love: I think i'm not the only one here!!:lol: Now,i have the chance to buy a one year old medium tote in beige/black for about 450 euro. If you were me,what would you look the most to check authenticity? What are the most usual fake signs i should search for? What "screams" fake? I know it's very difficult to say without pics,almost impossible, :shame: and my questions look very silly this way...i'd like to have just a first guide to follow. I know the hologram code matches the one on the card, the handle eyelets are centered in the diamonds.The bag has a zipper closure.The seller had only one pic of it , told me she bought it the last year in Dubai.Anyone can help or give any suggestion?? Thanx a lot anyway :amuse:

• be sure the stitchings on the cc logos are even and smooth. take a look how the authentic cambon tote looks like and compare.
  • lining should be black, and i remeber the beige/black totes are made in france.
  • the strap with the lobster claw that's inside the bag should also be beige with nothing attached to it, ie a coin purse.
  • and ask for more pictures, if she refuses, i don't recommend buying it good deal or not.

Usually sellers selling fake cambon bags will use an old booklet. If it is black with gold trim I would be leary of buying the bag. Also, make sure the bag tag is not black!!!!

Michele

Thanx a lot Savannah!!!:shame: Hope it shows now!! I have this pic only...though i know it won't be enough i thought to post it anyway!!;) Thanx everybody,you're great! And a special thanx goes to Jill who spent part of her busy busy day for me....:amuse: :shame:

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,304
Status
Not open for further replies.