Chanel 2.55 black Patent 226 or Cartier watch

The watch is a keeper. My husband is HORRIBLE with gifts as well so he usually just tells me to go pick out my gift. But for Mother's day last year, he surprised me and picked up a Chanel eastwest bag that I was eyeing the week before (even w/o the help of my SA). I was so happy to get it but I was even more proud of my husband for even trying to get me a gift that I would like after all his previous failures. To me, it showed how much he loved me and he was finally understanding me. I hope your watch will also remind you of your husband love for you.

Damn. My DH gave me a bag of doughnuts for our anniversary. I don't even eat doughnuts.

:roflmfao: Send them to me! I'll eat them!!

To the original poster - I also vote for keeping the watch. The black patent Chanel might be all the rage this season, but how will you feel next year when the new designs arrive into the boutiques? I love the patent but it doesn't seem to be a timeless leather such as caviar and lambskin. I could see myself getting sick of it after the rage had died down, but that's just me.

I think you should keep the watch because it is something your hubby picked out and thus has sentimental value - it sounds like you already have lots of bags but not too many nice watches. JMO...ultimately you need to decide which you'll treasure more in the next 10 years and which you'll use more. Either way you win :smile:

I agree with Kitty...

:roflmfao: Send them to me! I'll eat them!!

To the original poster - I also vote for keeping the watch. The black patent Chanel might be all the rage this season, but how will you feel next year when the new designs arrive into the boutiques? I love the patent but it doesn't seem to be a timeless leather such as caviar and lambskin. I could see myself getting sick of it after the rage had died down, but that's just me.

It's like you know me Roey! I love the patent but honestly if the grey that came out the first time round was there I would have jumped on it so I shall wait to see what spring brings along!

That sound exactly like my story of the last couple of weeks because I couldn't make up my mind between the reissue in black with the silver chain or a cartier watch. I really lost sleep over this.DH didn't like the bag at all, he thinks it looks to much like a granny's purse and I voted for the watch and at the end of the day I ended up getting the watch because I just had a really cheap Esprit watch but all those nice designer bags. I'm really happy now with my choice because I'll may be buy the Chanel bag later next year. I got the Tank solo with the alligator leather and I just love it.
Go for the watch and buy the bag later.

Tanja my DH thought it looked old, he didn't like the aged gold as he put it, I explained that was on purpose. Nexy year for me too!

Yorelica :idea: tempting indeed :smile:

OnyxBear I know that's why I thought you were the perfect people to ask!

You will love the watch. I have a Cartier stainless Panther. I wear it everyday and love it. By the way, when it is time for you to get a new battery do not let them talk you into the "mandatory tune up service". This is a $500 service that a Cartier employee, who was sufficiently intoxicated, told me is "a big scam".

I have heard about this Irishgal, but I thought like the name implies one has to do it and is part of the process of changing the battery . Good to know, thank you.

As much as I love Chanel. I say go for the watch. The Cartier Tank is a classic and for you husband to pick it out all on his own, its such a sweet thing to do. I personally have the same watch and I find it very practical and can dress it up or down.

You can always go for the purse some other time. Like Yorelica said, Chrsitmas is right around the corner and Valentines Day is not far behind, plenty of opportunities to snag that Chanel Bag.