Cell Phone Etiquette !!!

1. During office hours do you switch off your cell phone, put it on vibrate, or change the ring tone?

How about if you are in a restaurant and your cellphone rings, do you take the call at the table or do you get up and walk to an area where you can speak without disturbing other customers ?

What about having a cellphone in the movie theater ?

My system is if i am out with my husband socializing then i do not carry my cellphone he has his for emergencies.

In my office, my cell phone ring tone is customized for family only.

2. i leave my phone at home when i'm at work. i don't get reception anyway. when i worked in and office i tried to remember to put it on vibrate...

i put it on vibrate in theaters and restaurants...if it's important i get up and walk away to take the call. i HATE restaurant and theater cell phone talkers. it drives me mad. even if it's your kid, you can take two seconds to say "hold on" and walk outside....you'll probably be able to hear better anyway.

3. 1. It's on vibrate at work unless it's a day like today when nobody is at my office. I only answer if it's family usually.
    2. Cell phones are off in the restaurant.
    3. People who leave their cell phones on (and worse-talk on their phone during the movie!) at movie theaters should be shot or at least have milk duds thrown at their heads. It's so rude, plus why pay $10 if you're only going to talk on your phone the whole time? That's one of my biggest pet peeves.

4. I go to school during the day and I always switch it off. I don't even like it to vibrate. As far as a restaurant, I will answer my phone at the table because I'm not talking any louder than I would talk to the person I'm with.

If I am not with my kids and they are at school or with a family member I ALWAYS leave my phone on in case something is wrong with them.

5. At work my phone is always off.

6. During office hours do you switch off your cell phone, put it on vibrate, or change the ring tone?

I put mine on Silent and then set it in front of me so that I can see when it lights up. That way I can text if need be. :p

How about if you are in a restaurant and your cellphone rings, do you take the call at the table or do you get up and walk to an area where you can speak without disturbing other customers ?

Busted: I take the call at the table. :shame: Though I am not a LOUD talker. I tend to talk in subdued tones. I must admit I wont answer every call - only from certain people.

I put my phone on Silent - I hate when ring tones go off in a movie theater.

My system is if i am out with my husband socializing then i do not carry my cellphone he has his for emergencies.

I feel naked without my cell (pda) and HAVE to take it everywhere. I actually forgot it at home today and have complete anxiety over it.

7. I also hate it when people talk in restaurants, banks, theater. They almost always talk so loud:rant: . It is so annoying:hysteric: If I have to take a call and only if it is my kids or dh, I usually either take the call and say I'll call them back or if possible I will walk outside.

8. 1. I leave my phone on vibrate while I'm at work in case of emergencies or family
    2. My cell phone is on while I'm at a restaurant as well, but if everyone is at the table I will excuse myself to answer the phone if it is important
    3. My phone is on vibrate in the movies as well. If it does ring it will not bother anyone and I will leave if I have to answer the phone. I do not like people who leave their ringers on loud especially during a movie, it is just rude and especially if they pick up and start chatting.

My phone is on 24/7 for emergencies.

9. My phone is on but silenced at work. I keep my calendar on my phone, so I like to keep it out and in view for that reason. The reception is vv poor in my office, so I wouldn't be able to receive or make a call if I wanted to.
    As for restaurants, if I'm not expecting a call or important text I leave my phone on quiet or vibrate in my bag, and maybe check for messages when BF gets up to use the bathroom. He doesn't have a cell phone, and I don't live at home on the weekends, so it's important that I have it nearby.
    If I get a call while I'm at a restaurant I send it to voicemail, then return the call when I get outside after the meal. If it's a casual situation I may listen to any voice mail that gets left, but only after asking permission of my companion(s).
    If I'm expecting a call at dinner, it's usually about plans with whomever I'm with and someone else, so it's generally acceptable to have it out and answer it if it rings (though I keep it on silent or quiet so the ringtone won't disturb anyone else), but I like to make any conversations like that quiet and brief.
    I turn my phone completely off at the movies.

10. I leave mine off or on vibrate. Unless I am shopping or out having fun there is no reason to use it. I hate it when people are shopping and sales associates and cashiers are assisting you and you are talking on the phone. Its just plain rude!

11. my busted thing is i answer it if it rings while i'm in line (if it's certain people). i used talk in stores (like actual conversations that should probably have happened at home...not quick plans to meet up/where are you/quick question/etc) my hubby informed me that it's annoying (apparently i'm loud:shame:smile: so i stopped.

12. hehe funny you posted this as i was typing. i usually set the phone down to talk to the clerk/pay/etc...i hate it when i'm trying to take people's order and they're on the phone so i assume it's not much better for a clerk. :smile:

13. i put it on vibrate, but sometimes i just lower the ringtone to level 1

i put it in vibrate and usually it just my family who calls me *or should i say, i call*. but if someone calls me and im in a resto, i pick it up and say, i'll call him/her back later.

still vibrate mode. :yes:

14. During office hours do you switch off your cell phone, put it on vibrate, or change the ring tone?
    I keep my phone on most of the time. I don't change the ring tone or keep it on vibrate since I have my own office. The only time I switch it off is when I'm in a meeting

I dont take calls in restaurants.

This is probably one of those rare moments when I turn off my cellphone as soon as I walk in

15. I switch my phone off when I'm at school or work. Or I set it on vibrate. I don't take calls in restuarants, and I always turn it off when I go to the movies.