Celebrity Bags Make You Purchase?

I don't rush out to buy it, but the fact that celebs carry the bag means it will somehow gain popularity amongst the masses, thereby increasing the "desirable-factor" of the bag, and then every single magazine starts featuring about it, and sooner or later, it grows on me and I want it too.

Sometimes they make me look into it more because lately I see how these small ladies get swallowed by these giant bags so I think at my 5'8" height and normal weight, it wouldn't be so bad. LOL

Last spring I saw a photo of Eva Longoria with a beautiful aqua colored Tod bag and that did make me want it so i purchased it when it became available on Eluxury.....the aqua color is amazing.

I saw a pic of Reese with a Black Velvet Lanvin Kansas and I HAD to have it. AMAZINGLY enough I hunted one down within two days ON SALE at Barneys. I was so lucky!

Kellybag said:
Let me clarify and ask...when you see pictures of celebrities (or on televison) carrying certain handbags does it motivate you to make a purchase of that bag?

Would you have purchased the bag anyway or do they make you look into that bag more?
nope. i get what I LIKE. if a celeb happens to have it then oh well.

Kellybag said:
Let me clarify and ask...when you see pictures of celebrities (or on televison) carrying certain handbags does it motivate you to make a purchase of that bag?

Would you have purchased the bag anyway or do they make you look into that bag more?

It can change my impression of a bag--it helps seeing someone actually carry the bag rather than seeing a stock photo. But usually I don't want the bags that are carried by celebrities, especially ones that get over-exposed.

Definitely a no-no!!! I prefer to buy bags because I like the design, structure and etc but not because a celeb is carrying it. Anyway, most celebs are carrying the latest must-haves bags...if it develops an interest on them......naturally it develops an interest on we all. I'm refering to the designs.

Not really - if they make it look fantastic AND it suits me it might go on my want-list, but that's actually as true of the pics of you ladies here modelling your bags, because label's websites (esp Chanel & the Fendi non-site) don't give enough info on what a bag looks like worn in real life.

I mean that woman with the weird eyebrows in the latest Chanel ads for those metallic purses looks great, and ads like that are works of art IMO :love: but it tells me nothing about how that bag hangs on the body and whether I should devote what for me is serious money to it, or whether I'll look good walking it down my high street. :weird:

I really like SJP's style but most of it would look positively care-in-the-community on me :lol: so I wouldn't see her with something and dash out to buy it.

In my ideal world each label would have as many pics as possible with bags worn by someone who's not 7 feet tall and a size 0!

Cx