Celebrating Celebrity Baby Birthdays

1. Happy Birthday Ryder! You are now 3 years old!
    Name: Ryder Russell Robinson
    Birthday: January 7th, 2004
    Birth stats: Ryder was born in Los Angeles, two weeks early. Kate had gone in to be induced because of the baby's estimated size, and labor stalled. He was born by cesearean section and weighed in at 8 lbs, 11 oz.
    Famous for: Being the first and only child of actress Kate Hudson (also a celebrity baby - she is the daughter of Goldie Hawn and Bill Hudson) and her estranged husband, Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes.
    Other famous relatives:
    Grandma - Goldie Hawn
    Grandpas - Kurt Russell and Bill Hudson
    Uncle - Oliver Hudson
    Name meaning:
    Ryder - Ryder would get excited and start moving around and kicking while Kate was pregnant and Chris was playing a certain song with his band at their concerts. Kate says, "I was eight months pregnant and every night he ended his show with a song called "Ride". Ryder would go insane in my stomach every time and it had to be the bass line. It's kind of a funk song. I made a joke and said, 'Wouldn't it be funny if we called him Ride.' We're Grateful Dead fans and 'I Know You Rider' is one of our favorite songs. I just went, 'Ryder,' that sounds great and it feels like him"...that idea then turned into Ryder.
    Russell - plays homage to Kate's step father Kurt Russell, whom she was mostly raised by and considers her "Pa." Kate says, "I do remember being rolled out of the surgery room right after I had him and I looked up at my Pa and I said, 'Did you meet Ryder Russell?,' because it was the first time he heard his name. That was a great moment for me and for him."

[​IMG]he looks like kate:nuts:
    [​IMG]happy birthday big boy:yes:
  2. awwwwwww she's so adorable!!
  3. Great pics !
  4. Ryder is an English name, and it means knight, mounted warrior.
  5. I love Kate. I like how she seems like a good mom. She needs to get britney on the good mom bandwagon.
  6. Happy Birthday Ryder!
    He's such a cute kid. I really love the way Kate is with him. She seems to be such a good and commited mother. I'm always happy to see them together.
  7. Kodak moment...awh