Caught an Edith on NM - finally...

Oh no!! Sorry to hear this!! :sad2:

It happens when you and another buyer put it in your shopping bag, and then she checks out a split second ahead of you....They probably only had one bag in stock.

Then NM doesn't tell you until a day or two later. I usually check my order (go to your online account, then order history) soon after I place an order. If it has been cancelled because of this scenario, it will show this right away...long before that email is sent out.

I hope you can get one soon! Keep stalking that website!

tod said:
I received an email from NM today saying they cancelled my order due to "depleted stocks". Why do they do this??? So frustrating.

Oh Tod! I'm sorry to hear this. I can so relate to your disappointment (LVR!!!:hrmm:). Hope you'll find another one soon!

If you believe the editors at In Style magazine they wrote that there is a 250 person wait list for the Edith. They are calling it the most sought after bag right now.

This would explain the NM.com errors; but, it sure does seem like we have a lot of Edith owners on here. :amuse:

^^^ Wow, didnt realize the waitlist is that long... I think that by publishing that info it makes people (like me) want it even more. Grrr, so frustrating.

Sue, yes, I got a flashback on LVR...don't like this feeling. Just when i thought I got lucky.:Push:

favoritethingshawaii said:
Oh no!! Sorry to hear this!! :sad2:

It happens when you and another buyer put it in your shopping bag, and then she checks out a split second ahead of you....They probably only had one bag in stock.

Then NM doesn't tell you until a day or two later. I usually check my order (go to your online account, then order history) soon after I place an order. If it has been cancelled because of this scenario, it will show this right away...long before that email is sent out.

I hope you can get one soon! Keep stalking that website!

Gosh, you would think that their system would automatically cancel out the item if it were no longer available...I'll remember to do the same and check my order history right after...so here I go again a-stalking:wacko:

tod- i just read on wintotty's thread that saks ny has like 7 whiskey's in stock and some chamois. i'm feeling like a phone call right now, so i will check and let you know.

^^^

well, i just got off the phone with a very unhelpful lady. she could be wrong, but she says they aren't in stock right now (i asked about medium whiskey), and that there is no list. but you could always call with your name and number.

tod, that is terrible that you got your hopes up and thought you finally had your Edith and then they contact you and say there are no more! I am so sorry! But don't despair...your Edith will come. I was going to recommend Saks, too...but someone beat me to it. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Eskimo said:
tod- i just read on wintotty's thread that saks ny has like 7 whiskey's in stock and some chamois. i'm feeling like a phone call right now, so i will check and let you know.

I think wintotty said that they weren't all in NY but that there were 7 aound the country? *I think*, lol!

ETA: yup, just re-read her post and there are 7 in SAKS around the States, not necessarily in NY. Her local SAKS did source one for her from the NY store yesterday tho. So maybe there are now none left in that particular store.