Cashmere Mafia

Will you be tuning in this fall?

1. Yes, for sure!

2. No, not interested.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I was watching ET a little bit ago and they showed a quick preview of Cashmere Mafia.

Here's info on it from

Their names are Mia, Juliet, Caitlin and Zoe. But you'll come to know them as the Cashmere Mafia -- four Manhattan women bonded by their Ivy League educations and executive success. A thinking woman's Sex and The City mixed with the wit of The Devil Wears Prada, this one-hour drama assembles a cast of bright, driven, relatable women who support each other through rocky marriages, rival colleagues, kids' recitals and the hunt for the perfect loft.
    Ambition always comes with a price. Consistently outpacing their male colleagues and husbands in salary and title, they also have to watch out for scheming *****es eager to bring them down. Fortunately, there's strength in numbers. These successful executives regularly bring their problems to the lunch table and use each other's strengths and resources to avert disaster, both personally and professionally. With style, smarts and appeal, the Cashmere Mafia is about to bring sexy back to the boardroom, while unexpected heart and humor keep their stories compelling.

From Producer Darren Star (Sex And The City) and Writer Kevin Wade (Working Girl) comes a compelling, intimate and unflinching look at an ensemble of high-powered women whose most valuable assets are their friendship and their willingness to have it all -- without giving an inch. Starring Emmy® nominee Lucy Liu (Ally McBeal, Charlie's Angels), Golden Globe nominee Frances O'Connor, SAG Award Winner Miranda Otto (The Lord of the Rings triology), and Bonnie Somerville (NYPD Blue, Kitchen Confidential).

Will you be tuning in this fall??
  2. Nothing can ever be SATC, but I'm sure I'll check it out. Lucy Lui should be good on it... I love when she did the guest spot on SATC.
  3. of course nothing would compare to SATC. I loved Lucy Lui on the show too.

I'm hoping they don't make the show a SATC replacement or too similar to the show.
  4. Yeah, I'll watch the premiere :smile: Anyone know when it is?
  5. i'll give it a shot, but they are going to have to be verrrrry careful to not do a mediocre SATC rewrite, which is honestly what i'm expecting.
  6. I cannot wait, I really enjoy Darren Stars - stuff - Melrose place was ace, it made me want to visit the USA, and I think Lucy Liu is a fab actress. I am so going to enjoy watching it!x
    Thanks for posting!x
  7. Heck yeah! I feel this has the potential to be more compelling than SATC bcuzz as much as I loved them come on- some of the stuff on there was just unrealistic. In the real world Samantha would have AIDS by now. I think this could be more intellectual and full of dry wit instead of puns.
  8. not to sure. when i was reading up on it, i think it said it would be mid-fall. so far the show is signed for 13 episodes and it'll be on tuesday nights at 9pm.

here's a preview:
  9. It depends on the network it is on. If its CW or UPN, then no.
  10. ^^ it's going to be on ABC
  11. I'm excited for tonights premiere. Anyone else? I have seen some of the outfits and they are trying to out ugly SATC. Granted, Pat Field is the stylist, but still. I am hoping it is more original and not just copying SATC.
  12. Anyone know what time it'll be on? This show sounds interesting.
  13. Same for me... not sure about this one. :shrugs:
  14. I'm watching it now, and I can say it doesn't really remind me of SATC.