Cartier watch decision, please advise!

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Hi everyone!

I'm considering getting a new watch. I have a beautiful Tag diamond aquaracer, but I have decided that it is time to move onto something a little more classic and dressy.

I've done some research and some fiscal calculations and have arrived at the following options:

1. Cartier tank francaise - either yellow gold/steel bracelet, or the more unusual rose gold/steel bracelet with pink mother of pearl face;

OR

2. Cartier Roadster - either steel bracelet and pink enamel face, or steeel bracelet and gold/beige enamel face. The gold/beige face is extremely rare, I've only seen it once in the jewellers I was in recently to try them all on.

They're quite different designs and I would love any input anyone has. For some background, I'm 24 (25 in December), a newly admitted lawyer, single, quite classic in dress and appearance generally. I'm 5"2 and I'm a petite strawberry blonde. I love the Roadster for the transition from a round-faced Tag to a more classic rectangular Tank, but should I just get the Tank and cut out the middle man? Or is the Tank a more appropriate watch for when you're in your 30s and have some professional credibility and experience?

Thanks for your responses ladies!

I'm 26...and I love the Roadster. Fiance has one, and if I was to get a Cartier watch, it would be the Roadster. It would still give off the young, professional/mature vibe that is appropriate at this age. His mom has the Tank...and it always gives me the feeling that it's for more mature ladies.

I have never seen the Roadster with gold/beige face...but it sounds lovely!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I'm going to try and fit in a quick trip to Hardy Brothers at lunch today to try them on again...need to see them on my wrist...

In my greatest watch fantasy, I would also be debating between the Tank Francaise and the Roadster... I'm interested to see what you finally end up with! Hard decision, but either way, you'll end up with a gorgeous Cartier watch! :P

Oh, and congrats on passing the bar exam!

ROADSTER. Period.

The tank can feel a bit long, if you have small wrists like I do. The small roadster makes you look delicate and feminine next to it's classic almost-deco styling and strength.

Good luck choosing! :smile:

Ok, so went and tried on both again today. Still a bit torn. Spent most of the time there thinking, I need some TPFers with me! So not totally decided but I am leaning to the Roadster. (Except the small did actually look huge on my wrist today?! Maybe it grew over the weekend?)

I do want a Tank, but I feel like that's something that should mark a particular achievement, or it would be lovely as a gift, and so I should probably wait for it.

Thanks for all your responses girls! I'll let you know what I decide and will definitely post pics.

I have the Tank Francaise with the pink mother of pearl face. It's the smaller size (not sure if the MOP comes in the larger sizes?). I tried on my friend's Pasha C and it was huge on my wrist. Plus I really wanted a square face, for some reason, lol. It goes with just about everything. Let me know if you'd like to see pics.

^^^^^if you could post pics, I'd really appreciate it - sometimes it's helpful to see the watch on someone else's wrist, no?

Definitely. I had to take the pictures myself, so I might have contorted my hand weird in some pictures :smile:

I used a matchbook as a reference for some of the pictures.

I take pretty crappy pictures. Let me know if you want something else.

Attachments

• SuepaFly Tank Angle.JPG
    SuepaFly Tank Angle.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 587
  • SuepaFly Tank Back.JPG
    SuepaFly Tank Back.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 476
  • SuepaFly Tank Francaise 1.JPG
    SuepaFly Tank Francaise 1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 703
  • Suepafly Tank Matchbook Straigh.JPG
    Suepafly Tank Matchbook Straigh.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 467
  • SuepaFly Tank Matchbook Angle.JPG
    SuepaFly Tank Matchbook Angle.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 442
Reactions: uhpharm01
^^^^ Thank you so much for posting pics! You took lovely pictures, the watch looks fabulous (and may I just say, what beautiful rings you have! Truly stunning!)

Ok girls, I think that the Tank is the prize. I was completely sold on the Roadster, but then when I tried it on, it just looked really big and not quite the look I'm after.

Thanks so much for all your advice, it definitely helps having the PF ladies' opinions!