Cartier Love Small - lock is loose! help

alanav09

Dec 21, 2013
Even in the 'locked' position, if I pull the 2 halves apart, it comes out without much pressure. First I noticed that even in locked position they popped apart enough to have a very visible gap - I was constantly having to pop em back together. Then I decided to see what would happen if I pulled on it a bit, and yep - came out.

Cartier took months to repair my friend's bracelet, so I took it into a local jeweler just to see what the problem was (and if it was a simple fix), and he could not identify it.

I know people use loctite for their regular sized love bracelets - but does anyone have any experience with securing the small?

Last edited:
Even in the 'locked' position, if I pull the 2 halves apart, it comes out without much pressure. First I noticed that even in locked position they popped apart enough to have a very visible gap - I was constantly having to pop em back together. Then I decided to see what would happen if I pulled on it a bit, and yep - came out.

Cartier took months to repair my friend's bracelet, so I took it into a local jeweler just to see what the problem was (and if it was a simple fix), and he could not identify it.

I know people use loctite for their regular sized love bracelets - but does anyone have any experience with securing the small?
What a bummer! Definitely should not be coming apart in locked position at all. You may have a defective piece so take it in to Cartier to have it checked out. It may take awhile but better safe than sorry.

My small love would easily come unlocked and would pop open if it got tugged on. I bought it second hand so I think that it was an older model where the previous owner may have tried to tighten it and caused it to loosen. I was pretty irritated until I used purple Loctite. It seems to have worked and my bracelet no longer unlocks by itself. I have now used Loctite on my classic Love and I’m happy. That being said if I purchased the bracelet new and I was the original owner I would definitely taken it to Cartier to fix no matter how long it takes.

Reactions: myumew
My small love would easily come unlocked and would pop open if it got tugged on. I bought it second hand so I think that it was an older model where the previous owner may have tried to tighten it and caused it to loosen. I was pretty irritated until I used purple Loctite. It seems to have worked and my bracelet no longer unlocks by itself. I have now used Loctite on my classic Love and I’m happy. That being said if I purchased the bracelet new and I was the original owner I would definitely taken it to Cartier to fix no matter how long it takes.

interesting! which part exactly did you put the loctite on for the small? I took a close look at it today, and its definitely the screw thats loose - it bounces up and down with very little pressure. if I hold it down, the bracelet stays put. but I'm not sure which part exactly to put the loctite in, though - the opening is so small

interesting! which part exactly did you put the loctite on for the small? I took a close look at it today, and its definitely the screw thats loose - it bounces up and down with very little pressure. if I hold it down, the bracelet stays put. but I'm not sure which part exactly to put the loctite in, though - the opening is so small
I think I put a drop underside the screw and let the liquid run through. Purple Loctite is pretty runny so it does kinda get all over but it wipes off easily.

Just take it to Cartier. In my personal experience they have always backed their pieces. They will likely replace it. Don’t mess with it first. Let them check it. They may just end up giving you a whole new bracelet.

Did you always have that issues since the day you purchased .My Sa was telling me today that he had a client who had similar issues and they exchanged it.

Hi,My mom gifted me 2 Cartier lock bangles as a housewarming gift that my dad promised before he passed away.1 of the 2 bangles is having same issue.I don't have receipt for it so not sure how to get it fixed.I want to wear it all the time due to emotional importance but due to this issue,it comes out anytime and anywhere(while washing hands,using KitchenAid),I don't want to risk losing it .Were you able to fix it using loctite? Cartier store is 1 hour away from my home plus not sure,if they will entertain my concern without receipt.