Cartier Love Bracelet and Airport Security

Both my SO and I were stopped while on our vaca to Florida. We were pulled asideand patted down! Oi! And we definitely know it was the bracelets.
I thought I was going to get a pat down but the female TSA employee said it is her bracelets to the male employee and made me walk through with my arm extended. Just my arm beeped and they let me go. None of my other gold jewelery ever set off the metal detectors which makes me wonder why the loves do?

I thought I was going to get a pat down but the female TSA employee said it is her bracelets to the male employee and made me walk through with my arm extended. Just my arm beeped and they let me go. None of my other gold jewelery ever set off the metal detectors which makes me wonder why the loves do?

It's probably because of the amount of gold concentrated into one relatively small piece. And any other necklace or bracelet that is also very heavy, you could remove before going through the scanner.

However... here is the strange part. We got "beeped" at the Sacramento airport, but no beep at the Orlando airport.
They saw our bracelets, and mentioned it was probably that, but in Sacramento they patted us down anyway.
No pattern at all! I wonder if ot is because they are different machines?

However... here is the strange part. We got "beeped" at the Sacramento airport, but no beep at the Orlando airport.
They saw our bracelets, and mentioned it was probably that, but in Sacramento they patted us down anyway.
No pattern at all! I wonder if ot is because they are different machines?
I know. It is so weird. Makes me wonder if some of the machines don't work. lol

for me—and maybe because my bangle is a size 19—i have to get wanded every single time i travel (or just walk thru a security). it's not necessarily a pain, per se, as i just plan ahead and know that i will be wanded. my husband knows this and knows i refuse to take my bangle off. i guess as long as you plan in advance, you should be good. but there hasn't been one time that it didn't set it off.

fyi, i've never been asked to remove it. i just tell them right after it beeps that it's my bracelet and i can't remove it.

My question was really not about whether the bracelet will set off the alarms, I'm guessing it will. I was more concerned about how TSA reacts to the bracelet and the inability to remove it...

How much hassle will TSA give you? And if you're a registered traveler (with a Fly Clear pass), does that help at all?

even when i traveled to heathrow, they knew exactly what the cartier LOVE bracelet was and didn't have a problem. as i stated above, i've never been asked to remove it, and this was even traveling to heathrow, mccarren in vegas, laguardia in nyc, et al.

Just got back from Vegas. Going to, the security did not went off but at the Vegas airport it did. I was patted down because there was no technician to operate the xray machine. They know about the bracelet, the airport security lady checked on my bracelet and said, " this doesn't come off right?" I said yes, and also going to Vegas at the houston airport, the security waiting right after u do the xray while inspecting my jewelry said, "oh, so you have one of those bracelet" and just let me go. But, don't worry on my way back to Houston I saw a lady with 3, yes 3 love bracelet stack together and I guess she did not really have a problem going thru security. No worries at all! Enjoy your upcoming trip!

I have not yet been stopped in an airport for my bracelet, and in actuality no one should, as gold does not really set off the metal detectors, only stainless steel, or other non-precious metals. I have been traveling since I was 2 years old and only my non-precious jewelry ever set off the machine, but never ever my gold or silver jewelry. Seems weird that some of you are getting stopped.

I've been wearing y CHanel watch/whitegold chanel ring and cartier bracelet through detector all the time and it doesn't go off. from what I understand more pure metal of gold/silver/platinum do not set the security door off. mix metals for costume jewelry or glasses/keys/coins do.